24 Perplexed Arnav

Start from the beginning

"Are you getting engaged? Don't you trust me?" She asked with flowing tears.

Everyone spared a glance whereas Aparna was alerted.

"Chotte, who is she?" Arvind asked.

Before Arnav answered him, Khushi continued,

"Do you think I'm lying? Do you think my LOVE for you is not true?"

Arnav didn't know how to handle the situation as he was not prepared for it. He looked at his parents awkwardly who were shockingly looking at him.

"Love? What rubbish?" Hirma said.

"Arnav, what's this? Are you in love with her?" Gourav asked.

Aparna pulled Ratna and whispered,

"Mom, she must be Khushi aka Indhu... Arnav's previous birth's wife"

Ratna looked at her widening her eyes. Hirma who overheard it asked,

"PREVIOUS BIRTH WIFE?"

Without giving heed to her,

"Tell me, Arnav, do you think, I'm lying?" Khushi pleaded.

"Hey, who are you?" Hirma asked.

"They loved each other in their previous birth... It happened in Hyderabad. Their enemy burnt them alive..." Aparna said and Khushi looked at her perplexed, like, how do you know?

Arvind frowned, hearing that. Ratna understood she was the one as Khushi didn't deny Aparna.

"I'm his sister. He told us about you already," Aparna said.

"Khushi, listen to me. We will talk later. Ok?" Arnav said.

"What rubbish? Previous birth, burnt alive..." Gourav sneered.

"This is all built-up story to trap a wealthy guy..." Hirma said.

Arnav gritted his teeth and was about to say something to shut them, they heard,

"Stop it... She doesn't need to trap anyone for money because she refused the multi-millionaire alliance..." Came from the main door.

Everyone looked in that direction, including Khushi. She saw Doctor Avinash standing there.

"Uncle..." Khushi murmured.

Avinash walked to her.

"Uncle, he is Arnav..." Khushi said.

Avinash looked at Arnav and extended his hand for a shake.

"I'm Doctor Avinash... Khushi's doctor"

Arnav was bewildered as Khushi already told him about Dr. Avinash.

"Oh... That means she is mental" Hirma said.

"She is not mental..." Avinash said angrily.

"Then what? What about her blather? Previous birth, Hyderabad..." Gourav said sarcastically.

"Mr. Arnav, what Khushi told is not a story," Avinash said.

"We are not ready to trust this silly story because we have seen so many stories in movies. Arvind, just throw them out"

Arnav glared at Arvind dangerously who pleaded with him through his eyes.

"Khushi, let's go... this is not the right situation to talk to him," Avinash said, running his eyes to Gourav and Hirma.

Khushi looked at Arnav restlessly with shivering lips.

"Let's go beta..."

"Uncle..."

Clutching her hand, Avinash started dragging her with him. Khushi walked with him, crying, looking at Arnav who was gulping down.

"What's this Chotte...?" Arvind asked.

"Why are you questioning him? Can't you understand? She is a cheat..." Gourav said.

"Let her be a cheat... Who gave you the right to insult her?" Arnav asked angrily.

"Arnav, this is how this kind of girl should be handled. You just leave it on Dad. He will take care of the girl" Hirma said.

"Yes, Arnav. Didn't you see how she tried to manipulate you?"

"I asked you something... Who gave you the right to interfere in my PERSONAL matter?" He asked giving enough space between the words.

"There it's nothing called personal anymore, Arnav. We are going to tie a knot..."

Arnav looked at Arvind who was suffocating. He knew Arnav wouldn't like such a high-handed person.

"I don't want this marriage... that's final," Arnav said looking at Arvind.

"Arnav..." Gourav was about to say something, but Arnav stopped him showing his palm.

"You are my father's friend. I was taught to respect our guests. That's why controlled myself when you talked too much. I don't want to behave cheaply like you did. I didn't ask you to GET OUT... Because I have manners, unlike you"

Gourav looked at Arvind shockingly.

Arnav looked at Ratna and said,

"I have to go"

Ratna nodded ok. Arnav left the place, taking his bag.

"What's this Arvind? I don't like the way he talked to me"

"He also didn't like the way you talked to the girl. That's the matter" Ratna said.

"But, she is a cheat"

"My son knows how to handle his problem. He didn't need any SUBSTITUTE to do that. He won't like anyone who pokes his nose in another's personal matter" Ratna said.

"Ratnaji, this is how would you talk to your guest?"

"Guest must be guest... when it comes to my children's happiness, I won't care about the guests" She walked inside, dragging Aparna with her.

Gaurav looked at Arvind who stood helplessly.

"Hirma liked Arnav very much. What do you do now?"

"I'm sorry, Gourav. First impression must be the best impression. You created a bad impression in Arnav's mind. No one can erase it. Forget about this proposal" Arvind left the place.

...........

Arnav came to the next building of his office to meet Dr. Avinash. He inquired about Avinash and came to his clinic but it was locked. He stood helplessly. He saw his phone number on the board. He dialed his number immediately but he didn't attend the call as Avinash didn't turn on SILENT mode that he changed before the OP session.

Arnav came to the office disappointedly. Aman rushed to him, seeing his hung face. Before he asked anything,

"Who told Khushi that today is my engagement?" Arnav asked gritting his teeth.

"Sheetal..." Said Aman.

Arnav gritted his teeth. Without thinking of anything, he headed to her section.

To be continued...