I was left alone with Meera, still holding her hand. My eyes never left her face, willing her to wake up and come back to me.

The hours stretched on as I sat there, my eyes fixed on Meera's peaceful face, willing her to stir, to show some sign of life. The machines beside her beeped softly, providing a constant reminder that she was still with me, still fighting.

"Meera, please wake up, for me. You know how much I've missed you? Do you think it's funny to pretend to be asleep while I'm falling apart? Hum ek ladke hai isliye aap mere ko rula rahi hai na, aap kitni sexist ho, dekho lo..bande ko rula diya, abh khush?"

I leaned closer to Meera and continued, "Meera, I promise you, I've learned the art of making maggi now. I watched four fucking recipes on YouTube yesterday. So, when you wake up, I'll make you the best maggi ever. But for that, you have to open those beautiful eyes of yours biwi."

I brushed a strand of her hair away from her face and smiled down at her. "I miss your laughter, your scolding, your crazy ideas, and even your complaints about how much time I spend with my laptop. Please, come back to me, Meera. I need you more than anything."

With my emotions drained and exhaustion taking its toll, I slowly laid my head down beside Meera's, our hands still entwined. I kept murmuring words of love and longing into her ear, my voice becoming softer and more soothing.

As I continued to speak to her, my eyes grew heavy, and the lines between consciousness and slumber blurred. Soon, the rhythmic beeping of the machines and the warmth of our connected hands lulled me to sleep right beside my beloved Meera, praying that she would awaken soon.

--Two hour later--

I woke up to the sound of approaching footsteps. Looking towards the door, I saw Kushaal peering in. I nodded, giving him permission to enter.

"How is she?" He inquired, his eyes reflecting pain and regret as they landed on Meera.

"Better. She'll wake up soon," I replied, my voice brimming with hope and optimism.

"Oh," was all he could manage. He stepped closer and tenderly caressed Meera's pallid cheek.

"You pakka promised me, remember? Please don't forget about it," he murmured softly before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. His words left me perplexed, but he left the room quietly.

What promise?

Shaking my head, I looked at Meera once again before standing up, leaving to use the washroom. I felt the rough stubble on my face. Meera would hate this; she despises stubble. I'll shave it off before she wakes up.

After using the restroom, I returned to the room to find Vivaan sitting there on the chair next to her.

He was talking to Meera, "Meri Chuha, please yaar, ab ho gaya, uth ja. Kitna aur drama karegi? Ek ko toh k-kho chuka hu, tere ko nahi kho sakta Meeri." He pleaded with her. I cleared my throat, making my presence known.

Vivaan looked up at me, hurriedly wiping away a few tears and composing himself.

Vivaan sighed and stood up, walking over to me. We exchanged a knowing glance.

"I warned you about this," Vivaan muttered.

"I know," I replied with a heavy voice.

The next thing I knew, I was tackled in a tight hug by Vivaan. I clung to him, my shoulders trembling with unshed tears, feeling the weight of all my fears and anxieties in that one tight hug.

"I know she will fight and wake up," he said with conviction. I nodded in agreement, desperately holding onto that belief, praying that Meera's strength would see her through this ordeal.