H

H

er way to dismiss the problems lined in the situation was impressive... Whatever means she had to have her fix with me she had no issues using it.
Elise was being selfish, and I was feeling like shit because I still liked her.

I have never been more nervous in my entire life, but that moment got me weak in the knees

I have never been more nervous in my entire life, but that moment got me weak in the knees. Steammin' Jesus... confronting Elise was more stressful than disarm an old blockbuster bomb!
I took deep breaths and quickly left to the medical wing; I needed to see Mo' Leannan... I needed to feel safe in this entire situation.
She was the only one that could calm my nerves.

******************

Price had the dumb idea of organizing a massive sparring session with the new recruits and has put me, Gaz and Elise to not only guide them out but to also participate. I was feeling confident; I was showing off my prowess as an elite operator. A punch here, a kick there, an occasional subduing... Melee combat was definitely my thing, besides bombs.
Angie was at the watching bench, seeing the sparrings unfold and treating the hurt rookies. She was beautiful as always, even though she was visibly annoyed by what Price organized for the rookies. I couldn't avoid a chuckle, and shook my head in resignation.

After a few matches, I glanced at the watching bench and saw Angie talking to Ghost... They were too close to each other, nearly whispering on each other's ears. I felt a weird punch in my stomach, a bad feeling took over my head. I was jealous, feeling threatened by the situation. Although I knew that Angie wouldn't try anything, I didn't have the same faith on Ghost. After what I've done to Elise, I fully believed that he would try to get into Angie's pants simply out of spite and get even with me. My eyes were glued at them; every movement, every nuance, every subtle change of demeanor. I was expecting the worst out of them.

- What you staring at?

- Steammin' hell, Elise! Almost got me a heart attack! - my heart was pounding.

- Hahahahahahahaha! I'm sorry; didn't mean to scare you! - She seemed energetic. - I'm having fun seeing these rookies having their asses handed by you and Gaz.

- Yeah, right... - I was feeling awkward near her. - What ye actually want?

- I hate when you read me to filth... - she pouted, feeling annoyed. - I just want to talk... Finish our little discussion.

- I already said my piece, Elise. If you ruin my chance with Angie, I'll fuck it up your marriage. Simple as that.

- Aw, come on Johnny! What could possibly happen if we keep hanging out like always?

- It could fuck it up everything we have going on, Elise. - I sneered. - I don't know what's on your mind, but I don't want any part of it anymore.

- She really messed you up... - she retorted, giving me an ugly look. -For a womanizer, you really got tamed.

- So what about it? Don't I deserve to have a healthy relationship?

- At least not with her.

My eyes widened to what she had just blurted out. Elise was willing to keep me trapped into a dynamic where I don't have a say in it. She was selfish, and she had no problems admitting it.

Before I could remotely protest, Elise lunged at me, wrapping her arms around my neck and nuzzling it. I froze, unable to reject or dodge her without bringing unwanted attention to us. My heart sank as my eyes have met Angie's disgusted gaze, seeing Elise attached to me in public. I couldn't imagine what was possibly going through her mind at that moment while seeing me with Elise while we had to keep our relationship in secret... I felt like shit.

I saw her getting up and leaving, obviously because of me. But what got me scared shitless and insecure was seeing Ghost leaving with her... Fuck.
They were both being disrespected; and all kinds of scenarios flashed through my head. I wasn't ready to get cheated on. I wouldn't be able to handle the anger and the pain.

I could only hope that nothing happens... I love Angie. I didn't wanna lose her. Not to Ghost.

*****************

*On my previous fanfiction "Skulls and Scars", Elise is the Original Character that gets involved with Soap and Ghost. It's a connected plot; give it a try when you feel like it! <3