Harry glanced over when he heard Layla's quiet, delicate laugh, and it occured to him that he never noticed how pretty and gentle Layla's laugh was. The kind of laugh that was a reflection of the prettiness and gentleness of Layla's features.

Then, Harry thought privately, because he would never dare say it out loud to Layla, he would like to hear her laugh more.

"Now we just need the Portkey," said Mr Weasley, replacing his glasses and squinting around at the ground. "It won't be big. Come on..."

They spread out, searching. They had only been at it for a couple of minutes, however, when a shout rent the still air.

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it."

Two tall figures were silhouetted against the starry sky on the other side of the hilltop.

"Amos!" said Mr. Weasley, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted. The rest of them followed.

Mr Weasley was shaking hands with a ruddy-faced wizard with a scrubby brown beard, who was holding a moldy-looking old boot in his other hand.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said Mr Weasley. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Ce—?"

"Cedric!" Layla suddenly screamed with a wide grin, rushing forward towards Cedric, who grinned when he spotted her and opened his arms, allowing Layla to jump into them. Cedric lifted her off of her feet, hugging her tight, and when he placed her back on her feet, he went to press a kiss to her lips but faltered when he noticed his dad, Amos, staring at the two of them. Cedric awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Layla, my father has been wanting to meet you for a while."

"Don't stop because of me, son," Amos chuckled. He grinned brightly at Layla. "It is wonderful to finally meet you, Layla. My boy here has been talking my ear off about you all summer."

"Thanks for that," Cedric flushed, embarrassed. Layla, however, just smiled and chuckled.

"All good things, I hope."

Amos chuckled again and nodded. Cedric smiled and pressed a kiss to Layla's cheek. Layla smiled kindly at Amos."

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Mr Diggory."

"Please, no need for the formalities. Call me Amos."

Layla smiled at him before turning to her boyfriend.

"Oh! And congrats on making Captain for Hufflepuff Quidditch team!"

"Thank you, gorgeous," replied Cedric, before he turned to address the rest, his hand finding and intertwining with Layla's. "Hello."

Everybody said hi back except Fred and George, who merely nodded. They had never quite forgiven Cedric for beating Gryffindor team in the first Quidditch match of the previous year.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Amos asked.

"Not too bad," said Mr Weasley. "We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Ced? I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still... not complaining... Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons — and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy." Amos peered good-naturedly around at the three Weasley boys, Harry, Layla, Hermione, and Ginny. "All these yours, Arthur? Apart from Layla here, the lovely lady."

"Oh no, only the redheads," said Mr Weasley, pointing out his children. "Well, your boy here clearly knows Layla, and this is Hermione, friend of Ron's — and Harry, another friend—"