Maya quickly checked the tags on her clothes and making a mental note offering the girl a reassuring smile. Luckily their foster daughter seemed content with the oversized fit of the sweaters and they checked out- Maya making sure the girl didn't see or hear how much was spent striking up a conversation about which store to go to next.

A few stores later and a couple of visits to kids's section later, they had several shopping bags for their sweet girl. It had been a difficult shopping experience as clothes had either been too small or too big, meaning the vast majority of the clothes were oversized (not that the red head minded).

The women had fought against many many protests from their girl about how she didn't deserve it and that they shouldn't waste their money on her. They still weren't done in their eyes but decided to stop for lunch as Fynleigh seemed visibly tired and the couple were definitely hungry.

Settling on a small retro looking diner, the three females entered and were soon seated in a booth in the corner. It was Fynleigh's time still for the two women, a sort of belated birthday weekend and the diner definitely seemed to interest their foster daughter.

She eyed the dukebox in the corner, loving the vibe of the place and the bright neon colours that were heavily featured. The red head was drawn out of her thoughts as she took in the space - she would love to have a room or a space like this. Maya smiled at her softly, gesturing to the menu that had been placed down in front of her as a woman that she hadn't noticed stood by their table with a pad. Presumably Maya and Carina had already ordered, as she blushed red and quickly cast her eyes to the menu to avoid keeping the waitress waiting any longer.

"Uhm.. a kids fries and nuggets please, is that okay?" Fynleigh asked her foster mothers with nervous eyes, her fingers tightening around the corner of the laminated menu as she fiddled with it. Carina frowned a little at the kids portion but was thankful that she felt comfortable enough to ask for what she wanted. She'd always heard complaints from others that their teenagers ate them out of house and home, ironically the Italian really hoped Fynleigh would reach that stage and not be so ignorant of her own needs. The Italian tacked on a side of fruit to the order (already in mamma bear mode) and wanting her to have a balance.

Maya reminded her about her drink option, her foster daughter clearly flustered as she eyed the waitress who had begun lightly tapping her foot - scared that she'd already been too much hassle. She settled for a simple strawberry milkshake, something that she could drink a ton of a day if she was allowed. She wasn't one for fizzy drinks as the static in the drink always made her tummy feel sort of fuzzy.

A comfortable silence settled around the table as the waitress gave the three a polite smile and walked away to file their order.

"So bambina- you lit up when we came in here, would you like something like this for your room possibly?" Carina smiled warmly at their foster daughter from across the table, she loved to see her happy.

"Oh uhm I don't know, you don't need to do that. It's fine the way it is, honestly. I was just being an idiot when I blanked out. I'm sorry." Fynleigh frowned, moving her fingers to her mouth to begin to pick at the skin on her lips. She shifted in her seat, feeling like eyes were on her even those of the random people who sat around them, which she knew was totally nonsensical.

"Honey, you're not an idiot please don't say that. We can totally do up your room into something like this - maybe Car more than me but I can paint! I'm not really a home decorator kind of woman, more of a minimalist." Maya declared a little too proudly that she could indeed help paint but it was definitely true that Carina had the more decorated eye of the two. The blonde shifted her weight forward and took the child's hand in her own to stop her anxious actions.