Chapter 2: Home

Melanie Grimes POV

I sighed as I was in my room using thumbtacks to hook up drawings in my room I drew in the asylum with Michael.

I sighed and saw it was 8:30 PM. Time for my walk.

I pulled on Michael's hoodie and pulled on my boots.

I started my walk. I was walking around town when I heard screaming. I ran to the house and saw Michael about to snap a kid's neck. "MIKEY!" He turned to me. "It's okay. It's okay."

He then pointed to the kid. Him and Allyson bullied me.

"I'm fine okay?" Michael then snapped the kid's neck. I looked at him. "Come on, Mike. It's okay..." I said.

He walked down the stairs and looked at me. "Come on, Mikey. It's okay. You can stay with me. I'll hide you from all of them." I said.

Michael then leaned his head on mine.

I smiled and he put both of his hands on my cheeks.

"Come on."

Suddenly someone stabbed Michael in the back with something. I screamed. He growled as he tried to take it out.

I then watched as Karen took his mask off.

I turned to Michael. She then grabbed me. "MIKEY!"

He turned enraged. He then growled as Karen walked off with me. I walked with her and we got to a clearing.

Michael got to the clearing. Bright lights turned on. "Gotcha." Karen said. Men got out of cars. They beat Michael till he could barely stand. I was sobbing.

I saw Michael reaching for his knife. Karen grabbed it and she stabbed him in the shoulder.

The Sherrif walked over with his gun. He pointed it at his head. Michael then yanked the knife out and slit his throat.

He then started to kill the others. The man holding me put the knife to my throat. "ONE MOVE MICHAEL AND SHE DIES!"

Michael threw his knife and stabbed the man in the neck.

He then turned to me. I hugged him tightly. He rubbed my back softly.

I was sitting in my room at my dad's house. I smiled as Michael was helping me with the bandages. "I swear you can't fix bandages for the life of your life." I snickered.

Michael slapped me upside the head. I laughed. I then saw Shane walk in. I sighed. Shane hated me because of Michael. "Get your shit. People are eating each other."

I nodded and packed my things. Michael then got me into his car and he followed Shane. We got into a bad highway.

I sighed as Amelia was in her crate. I then gave her a small snack.

I turned to Michael. He gently held my hand and kissed the back of it. I smiled and leaned my head on his bicep. He smiled. I then saw Mom knock on my window on my side. I rolled it down. "Me and Shane are going to see if we can see anything. Watch Carl." I sighed and watched my little brother.

I noticed Michael glaring at a man. "What is it?" I asked.

I can smell the abuse on him! Michael wrote. "Carl! Come here!" I said. He ran over to me. "Who's that you're playing with?" I asked. "Sophia. That's her dad and mom." I nodded. "Okay. Thanks bud." I kissed his head and he ran off to where he was before.

"This will be fun..." I said.