Act 40: The Ascension of Neo Queen Serenity

Acts will not be posted as frequently due to their length and the massive editing ahead of me for never released material. The plan is to have the remaining acts out by the end of the year.

The Queen slowly opened her eyes and looked up at the Death Phantom. They no longer showed doubt or any sign of uneasiness. "No..." She said softly. "Neo-Queen Serenity," she declared her new title out loud. The Maboroshi no Ginzuishou flashed brightly in her hand.

"Queen...?" Dark Phantom slowly repeated. "No matter. It just means I will control the Silver Millennium when I am done."

Neo-Queen Serenity stood still while the crystal between her fingers flashed several times.

Death Phantom found her actions to be strange. She stood there doing nothing.

"I don't understand how you plan to stop me with a light show," he taunted her.

A smile crossed the Queen's lips. "You haven't been paying attention if you think I've been doing nothing..."

Death Phantom cocked his head to the side in bewilderment. Her words confused him greatly. He dismissed it and attacked her. He was not going to let anyone stop him from achieving his ultimate goal when he was this close.

Neo-Queen Serenity didn't flinch as the black energy broke into two waves to the side of her, completely missing her. The Maboroshi no Ginzuishou began to flash within her hands. The energy disappeared before it came close to the other senshi many meters behind her.

"I don't understand," Death Phantom said in confusion. His powers seemed to be weaker than they were a few minutes ago. It did not make sense.

"I guess I should thank you really..." Neo-Queen Serenity said as she turned her gaze to the Death Phantom. "Since you blasted me away from the others to face an army of crystal creatures... I was able to finally understand why Haumea and Sedena were constantly in Tokyo." While spoke she continued to scan the city for any crystals she missed as Sailor Cosmos.

"Oh?" Death Phantom asked intrigued by what she would say next.

"I found the crystals that amplify your powers," Neo-Queen Serenity said holding up a small black crystal. She crushed the crystal in her left hand, the shards falling onto the ground. "Why did you think it was so easy to overpower me as Sailor Cosmos? Half of my energy was spent finding and destroying your crystals."

Death Phantom gasped and took a step back. Now he understood why he felt like his abilities seemed to dwindle. He did not notice it as much against the senshi because their powers were so weak. He was able to overpower Sailor Cosmos with minimal effort and he thought it was odd. But the Queen that stood in front of him was on an entirely different level. For the first time since the battle begun, he was worried. He began to doubt himself. He needed to try to come up with another tactic quickly. He wasn't sure how many crystals Neo-Queen Serenity had destroyed. He had to act quickly before she destroyed what was left. His Black Crystal flashed brightly. He was going to give it everything he had.

Neo Queen Serenity raised the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou over her head. She did not say a word as energy poured out of the crystal. It was clear she was struggling with his new wave of power.

Seeing her struggle, the Death Phantom smiled. "I guess the Maboroshi no Ginzuishou is not as powerful as everyone thought it would be, nor is the Guardian." He laughed. "All this concern over nothing!"

Neo Queen Serenity narrowed her eyes in deep concentration. She gasped slightly when she realized she completed her other objective. She could no longer feel small currents of dark energy throughout the city. The remaining black crystals that were placed by Haumea and Sedena were gone. She could now focus all of her power on the battle before her.