Maya started to gather the ingredients for a morning smoothie as she turned on the switch to the blender.

"Sorry, I needed to pee." Fyn mumbled with her cheeks nearly as red as her hair.

She spun on her heel after grabbing the milk- dropping some frozen fruit into the blender.
"You don't need to apologise Fyn, its your home too. I'm making smoothies, would you like one?" Maya smiled clearly amused, pouring the milk in before placing the lid onto the blender.

The young girl was about to open her mouth to make a sarcastic comment - something along the lines of I can see that but she was interrupted by her stomach rumbling quietly. She shrugged her shoulders, giving Maya a timid but thankful smile as she took a seat at the kitchen island.

Fynleigh flinched at the loud noise of the blender, fighting the urge to cover her ears as she dug her nails into her palm. Maya poured the drink into two glasses, knowing that her wife was all about coffee in the morning and carried them over to the sofa as she invited the small red head to join her.

Fyn reluctantly followed and sat closer to Maya than yesterday but still a fair distance away. She watched the blonde with her warm brown eyes, almost curiously like a small child would and Maya swore she could practically see the cogs in her brain moving through her chocolate orbs.

"Did you sleep well?" Maya was the first one to break the silence, half awkward and half comfortable.
"Mhm hm, thank you."

Maya was soon confused as to what she was being thanked for.
"What for honey?"

"E-everything.. you gave me a room with a bed in it. You've fed me and you seem to care, lord knows why but I can't give you anything back." The red headed teen  seemed to shrink further into herself, her eyes on the smoothie glass in front of her as she moved the liquid around. She didn't deserve this kindness.

"Oh Fyn. Look at me please. Please trust mine and Carina's words when we say you deserve this and a hell of a lot more. A room of your own, a bed and food in your tummy is the bare necessities to being a p- uhm your guardians. You don't owe us anything and you never will." Maya steadied her voice although her heart was aching at the child's clearly conflicted face as she slowly looked up at Maya. She was clearly used to having  to please people and do things for them to get the bare minimum standard of care.

Maya held her hand out to the child and was surprised to find she accepted it as she inched closer, her head on Maya's shoulder with their hands interlinked and practically tucked into her side.

"Drink up please." Maya smiled softly, turning on a
random kid friendly channel which just happened to be some random morning cartoons. The two females fell into a comfortable silence, Fynleigh slowly sipping her smoothie and occasionally having to bite back a smile at funny moments of the cartoon.

Maya peeled her eyes away from the television, hearing her wife leave their bedroom. Carina immediately turned on the coffee machine, setting everything up before she focused her attention on her two loves.

"Morning amore mio." Carina smiled, leaning down and pecking her wife's lips before turning to her attention to the red head.

"Morning dolcezza." The italian warmed at the sight of their foster daughter so close to her wife. She received no answer back, an amused smile crossing her features as she noticed the child's eyes fixated on the screen. Carina soon came to the sad realisation as she poured herself a cup of coffee that the kid probably had never experienced cartoons before.