4D. "Will you guys just stop!"

Start from the beginning

"Awww, you still being a sore loser?"

    "Go brush your teeth!" Y/n yelled back.

Y/n'll get over it in a few days, it's not worth it having beef with someone you're with for eternity, right?

———

    "Hot stuff, wait up!" Jax ran after Y/n, who was walking into the dorms corridor. They seemed to not hear him. Jax rolled his eyes, letting a little impatience slip through his cheerful facade.

    You're really getting on my nerves Y/n, jeez - it was only a prank war!

Jax caught up to Y/n and even stuck his head into their line of sight, but no response.

    "Hooooot stufffff, helloooo?" He grinned teasingly and waved an arm in front of their face. They flinched but kept walking, ignoring his efforts to make them notice him. Jax stopped arm-waving and dramatically pretended to think, keeping pace with Y/n's strides.

    "Maybe this nickname is getting old. Hot stuff? Nah. Maybe I should call you something else. Something... endearing, perhaps?" Jax waited for a moment to see if this triggered any response in Y/n. Absolutely nothing. He kept going.

    "I'll take that silence as a yes, darling."

Y/n scrunched their face up but said nothing. They were nearing their dorm room - Jax was running out of time.

   "What about doll?"

Silence. Jax ducked into their path, flashing his best trademark smirk.

    "Sweetheart??"

Y/n grimaced and reached their room. They made to walk into their room, and started closing the door.

(Okay here my readers you are ABSOLUTELY SCREAMING BLUSHING INSIDE but you cannot show weakness :D)

    "Can't hide away from me forever, darling. I have my arsenal of pet names and you will not -" Y/n shot him a contempt stare and slammed their door.

An unpleasant, wriggly feeling wormed its way into Jax, complete with sickly pangs of confusion.

He didn't understand. Usually when he and Y/n had a falling out they always reconciled after a few days. It had been almost two weeks.
Almost two weeks of him lightly teasing them and trying to get them to be their normal self again.
He didn't want to admit that he just wanted his best friend back. Was that too hard to ask?

He crushed that thought. With his personality, it was only Y/n who dared stand up to him. That was why he enjoyed their fights and constant trash talk battles. But most of all he always remembered the small sprinkling of sweet moments scattered here and there among the teasing.

He didn't let himself think of those moments until he got Y/n back.

Jax returned to depressed thoughts. When Caine recently awarded them with a digital feast made with all the love Bubble was legally allowed to give, Y/n barely threw an insult his way. Now that he thought about it, everyone had been ghosting him too.

Oh great, was this the ultimate punishment for being an asshole in this place?

Teary heat pricked his eyes, and Jax angrily shook his head. Keep up the facade. That was what he always told himself.