Chapter 5: Shadow Assassin

"Can I have you attention please, the 5th floor strategy meeting is about to begin." Kirito went to his seat at the head of the table everyone was sitting at, the chosen location for this meeting was a mansion at the head of Tundra Village. Everyone went to there seats and quietened down waiting for Kirito's instructions. "Thank you, before I begin I'd like to congratulate everyone on the progress we've made over the past few weeks, in this time we've beaten 3 more floors putting us on floor 5 now. This is way faster than what we did last time so thank you everyone, really." Kirito smiled at the group and the tension in the air that every strategy meeting creates was quickly lifted.  "Now" Kirito said with a more serious tone. "Floor 5 has added and extra level of difficulty to the game with players now not only having to survive against monsters, but also the environment itself. It's easy to get lost on the snow storms generated on this floor so sticking to your party's is going to be crucial. These blizzards are making navigating the floor more difficult than it should be, so we'll be sure o make this problem our top priority and deal with it ASAP. 

"How are we just gonna 'deal with it?'" Asked Klein. 

"By defeating the Snow Dragon, Iceious." Nervous looks were exchanged around the table. "We'll be doing quests across this floor and gathering as much info as possible before fighting Iceious, going in with as much intel as possible has been the smartest strategy across all these floors so sticking to this method only makes sense. For this we'll be sending specific parties to go and complete different quests, check your messages to see what role you've been given." Jyenka opened his notifications but didn't see anything there. "Odd..." he thought to himself.

"Hey Taijou, did you get a message?" Jyenka said looking at Taijou's menu.

"No, what about you ThirtySix?" ThirtySix closed his menu and shook his head in response.

"Commander, my party hasn't received a message yet." Exclaimed Silvia.

"That's because the role your part will be playing is the main offence, You guys will join up with my party to take out Iceious." The group of assault team members began murmuring and exchanging looks at each other. "putting a bunch of rookies on the front line?" "This job should be going to the highest level players." Everyone quieten down!" Kirito said standing up. "This decision is final, I have faith in Silvia's party that they can hold there own against this floors mini boss." The group went silent and Silvia stood up. 

We won't let you down!" she said determinedly. Jyenka and Taijou looked at each other nodding there heads. 

"Other party's, we'd like to have your quests completed by the end of tomorrow so me and Silvia's parties can take on Iceious the next day. Dismissed!" Everyone began to get up out of there seats and leave the mansion. When Jyenka, Taijou and ThirtySix left, Silvia was out the front waiting for them. 

"We've been assigned a pretty important role for this mission so I expect all of you to train hard and raise your level as much as possible tomorrow, the assault team has put there trust in us so we have to show them we can do it." She said with a stern but confident tone. "Jyenka, you'll be coming with me tomorrow." She said turning to face him.

"Why?" Asked Jyenka.

"There's someone I want you to meet, he should be able to help you acquire some new sword skills" 

"Wait for it..." Jyenka thought to himself

"Because your current ones are so weak." Silvia added.

"And there's that backhanded comment" Said Jyenka with a crooked smile. 

"I just don't want you holding back the rest of the group, and this weapon class you've chosen has the potential to be incredibly strong. You have a knack for it so it'd be a shame to see that go to waste." Silvia began to walk off. Jyenka paused waiting for another insult to be thrown his way, Silvia turned around.