ONE

A new start, I always have a new start everytime I change my identity and run. But it's always the same ending, now I have to restart all over again.

I ran into an alleyway, the sirens from the cop cars blaring in my ears. This wasn't anything new, what was more interesting was that they got to me before I had even touched the destination, the new detective was good, but I was better. Letting your identity out in the open with the press wasn't the greatest idea. Tom Kaulitz was his name, while I'm sure he's a great guy he wasn't the greatest detective, I've been running from him for AT LEAST 5 years. This guy is persistent as fuck, and it annoyed me. The closer he got to me the more in danger I am, and if I'm found out, I'm dead. My heart pounded in my chest as I ran down the alleyway, I pushed past trash bags and scrambled to the end of the alleyway to the road. My head pounded and my hair scattered all over my face, why the fuck were they getting so good? I've been missing for years, the case was closed that's it. I grabbed my burner phone from my pocket and called my friend Jenna, I was going to have to stay at her place again.

"Hello?"

"Jenna, I need to crash at your place again." I said panting

"Where are you,Will? I'll pick you up." She said sternly, she must be worried.

"I'm at the alleyway near the old house, I just wanted to see if I could find the book but I couldn't." I said panicked.

"It'll be okay Will, stay on the phone with me, I'm almost there" I could hear her door shut in the background and her rushing around, I walked onto the sidewalk and sat on a bench waiting. It only took a few more minutes until I saw Jenna's dark purple corvette pull into the bike lane on the street, I got up and ran to her car opening the front door.

"Will, they're onto you again. I think it's time to ditch Stacy." Jenna said furrowing her eyebrows and locking the car doors. I sighed, Stacy Stark was my new identity, I've had it for a while now. 6 months? I'm not sure, but now I would need to get a new one in case anyone saw me, which meant.. A whole new look as well, which I was not looking forward to. "But Stacy was the most normal.. Isn't the next identity that Laura girl..Isn't she a damn crackhead!" I whined. Jenna pushes the accelerator and sped down the road, she turned to me. "Yeah but doesn't mean you gotta do any of the drugs. Just act like one. If you slip up too many times they'll be onto you within a second." She said shrugging and turning back to the road. I slumped in my seat, and looked out the window, obviously living a life like this was difficult but it was also tiring, nobody recognized me because of the lack of pictures my family had of me to begin with and because of my massive change in appearances and personalities, thanks to Jenna who works as a makeup artist and clothing designer on sets. I was very thankful to have gotten a friend like her, even though the situation was rough and we have gone through some crazy shit, she had always been there for me in times of need, like now. "When am I ever going to be able to live normally?" I asked sadly, in a perfect world I would be living with people and probably have a cat or two, maybe even a partner. I've only had one and he almost costed me my life, was I sad about it? Yes. But that boyfriend was the only thing exciting in my life, the only person I relied on beside Jenna, but even he betrayed me.

"I'm not sure Will. The way things are now, they still think you murdered them. Until they're able to find out who really did it, and what happened that night.. I'm afraid that hiding is the only way." Jenna said, eyes still glued to the road. I turned back to the window and watched the car pass parks and apartments in the dark night, if I were living normally I would probably be living in one of those, maybe even have a few more friends. But for now that kind of life wouldn't be suitable for someone like me, in hiding.