Chapter 20: Arceid's will

Start from the beginning

The king had fallen.

Leo : Y-you bastard !

His magicule leaking in rage, Leo tried to march forward for revenge but he was held back by his sister, Ria.

Ria : B-brother...

Her eyes were red with tears...she was smart and with her gift of feeling one's skill...the moment Mia appeared.

She knew it was the end...she had this same feeling as when in front of Dawn or Luna, someone heavenly gifted.

Leo could only lose hope as he saw the state of the princess...it was the very first time she made such an expression.

Zickard : Well, it's the end. I am now the ruler of this nation !

Falmuth : Wait sir Zickard !

Zickard : What ?

Falmuth : There is still the prince and princess ! We should punish them for being affiliated to the former king !

Zickard : Ohoho, what a good idea.

As they spoke, Leo woke up from his thoughts and looked forward...he tightened his grip on the dull sword he had taken at the start of the invasion.

Zickard : Let's see, we should show off the head of the prince to the public and give the princess to our courageous soldier to play with.

He viciously says...those words terrorized both siblings...and so the viscount and baron continued their talk of torture.

On the side, Mia flinched when she felt a sudden burst of energy...it was strong enough to even reach and alert her.

Mia : (What was that ? This directly...lord Raven went this way...)

This couldn't be the leader of the shadow unit as Mia herself was relative to Raven when it came to raw power.

No, this new source of energy was a threat...

Zickard : We sh-

The viscount words were cut out as the entire left wall of the room was destroyed as two individuals blitzed through it.

Raven : You are annoying Arceid !

Dawn : And you're an eyesore.

The two standing, it seemed after Raven left the Arceid mansion...he had felt the burst of Dawn's awakening.

And to his surprise, the boy had caught on with him...before they could reach the castle, their round 2 started.

Raven : (What kind of power is that ? I feel like facing an entirely different person...and this isn't the Arceid secret power...)

Ria Pov

N-no way...that's sir Dawn ? He is completely different from the one I know...

The power he excludes right now rival's the shadow unit...h-how can someone of our age reach that level...

I was sure to be shocked but at the same time, the light of hope came back to me...

Leo : Ria, let's run.

Ria : Huh ?

Leo : Right now, we are just a bother for Dawn...we need to get out of here !

I was confused at first but then understood, I looked toward my late father's corpse and bit my lips.

Sorry, but i'll swear i will make a proper

Getting up, we tried to sneak out but Mia was there to catch us, parring her long sword with his weapon, my brother struggled to even move under the pressure.