09 | proceed with caution

"Kim Doyoung."

Doyoung turns his head, eyes still fixed on the road, and jerks his chin towards Yuta. "Mm?"

"Did you ask Taeil to drive us to your apartment just so you would be able to use me as an excuse to drop Y/n off?" Yuta asks, pointing an accusatory finger at Doyoung.

Doyoung pulls away from Yuta's hand, shaking his head. "Of course not." He pauses, then jerks his head at the paper bag sitting between the two of them. "Eat your breakfast."

Yuta doesn't believe him for one second, but he brings the paper bag to his face, and the smell of fresh pastries wafts into his nose. "Are you trying to bribe me?"

Doyoung's eyes dart shiftily to Yuta as soon as the traffic light turns red, the car coming to a halt in front of the pedestrian crossing. Yuta takes a bite, sugary goodness melting in his mouth, and he lets out a delighted groan. "That's so good. Consider me bribed."

Doyoung snorts, lips curling into a smirk as he turns his attention back to the road. Yuta continues scarfing down his breakfast, happily munching away, and Dooung inwardly lets out a sigh of relief that he's not probing any further.

A notification sounds from his phone, and Yuta reads, "Y/n says 'sure, thank you.'"

"Mm," Doyoung nods, a pleased smile spreading across his lips.

"Good morning," you say, climbing into Doyoung's car and letting your tote bag rest at your feet

"Good morning. I bought you breakfast." Yuta's eyes widen in shock as Doyoung says this, and he quickly licks his lips to get rid of the remnants of icing sugar on them.

"You... bought them breakfast?" Doyoung nods, as if it should be a given thing.

Yuta cringes, turning to look at you apologetically, one hand still holding onto the paper bag which contained two pastries earlier but is now empty. "Sorry, little one. I'm afraid I've finished it."

"Both of them? I got you two doughnuts, and I bought a sandwich for Y/n. Surely you didn't eat all of that," Doyoung comments. He adjusts his grip on the wheel, a telltale sign of his increasing annoyance.

Yuta lets out a sigh of relief. "No, I didn't. Oh, thank fuck." He folds the paper bag and tucks it into his pocket, reaching for the sandwich and passing it to you.

You immediately take a bite, the melted cheese and warm ham tasting heavenly on your tongue. You savour every last bite, slowly munching on the bread while listening to Doyoung talking about Yeon-seok, Donghyuck and Jaemin, not even realising that you've finished until your next bite leaves your mouth full of nothing but air.

Yuta asked Doyoung how he had gotten the car back after the messy night, and Doyoung explained that Yeon-seok had taken an early flight that morning. Dahyun had gone over to their hotel and driven the trio to the airport, taking Doyoung's car. Since Doyoung had been the one to pick them up, he hadn't offered to see them off, so he got his car back when Dahyun arrived back at the apartment.