The Navy, Many Cameras, and A Kiss

Start from the beginning

"Oi, stupid muscle head, if you're done training, help to serve the food."

"...I'm only going to let it slide because you cooked."

"Well you should let it slide all the time then, since I cook all the time?"

"You-"

Unlike the peace offering Zoro had initiated, Sanji retorted back, almost making a mess in the kitchen. They only stopped when Sanji noticed they were about the waste food, and the two called everyone else into the kitchen for lunch.

/// after lunch ///

"You ready?"

Nodding her head slightly, she held onto Zoro's hand and checked her outfit once again. She had her earring on as usual, her hair half-tied to "appear like a swordsman" or as she claimed so proudly. Her outfit consisted of a simple tank top and jeans, with an oversized button tee to shield her from the wind.

"I say, once again, swordsmen don't tie their hair like that."

"What would you know? All you have is your short green hair."

Her hair gently tickling her chin in harmony with her head swaying to the other side of where Zoro was, he observed the messy pieces of hair framing her face naturally.

Just a minute ago, the two of them had gotten off the Thousand Sunny, at a bustling island where they knew their picture would be taken. Not used to the sword dangling at her right hip, she placed one hand on "Rosie" as she has named her sword to be. It was inspired by "Ro" from "Roronoa", as she was forced to not name it Roro due to Zoro's flaring ears that burnt in humiliation.

"Didn't you see the samurai? Their hair was slicked back. Yours is just.... Tied."

"Well, none of them had green hair too, but I'm not calling you out for that."

Ever since she's found a place in the crew, she was becoming increasingly bothersome to Zoro. Going on about his hair, she flashed him a grin, her other hand holding onto his. Zoro snapped back, his posture proud.

"Yeah, well, I don't have the hair for it, but I have the skills."

"Are you...."

Her eyes welling up in tears, she halted her footsteps, looking up at him. Unsure of what to do, Zoro began stuttering, not wanting to apologise but wanting to somehow console her. She broke out in laughter, her face glowing from joy.

"Usopp taught me so well. This is how bluffing works!"

"Seriously?!"

Raising his free hand to flick her forehead, she continued laughing, her hand still tightly holding onto his. At the attention they received, Zoro pulled her forward, not wanting to put on a free show for those at the market.