9.

A/N: Two gods get drunk; Guizhong is disappointed by not surprised. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

•┈••✦ ✧ ✦••┈•

Barbatos watched as Morax's mouth parted slightly in a small o. Leaping off his position from within the tree branches, his feet landed gracefully on the ground and he invited himself to sit opposite Morax.

"It has been a while since we last met, Barbatos," Morax said.

Barbatos let out a giggle. "Ehe, so you do remember me! It seems that time has treated you well, Morax."

A small grin etched itself onto Morax's face. "Is that so?"

"Well, for starters, your forehead is less wrinkly from frowning so much."

Morax furrowed his eyebrows. "I see..."

Barbatos eagerly leaned forward. "So... how's Liyue been?"

"Liyue has prospered quite well I must say. There has been a decrease in threats to Liyue's safety over the past few months which has been a welcomed relief." Morax went on to talk about the activities of some of the adepti and some of his plans for the future of Liyue to which Barbatos would occasionally pause him to add his own comments or laugh.

"Quite the busy man aren't you?" The wind played with Barbatos' hair, and his verdant eyes caught the sunlight as Morax took his time to appraise the other god.

"It has been quite busy. But nothing I can't handle."

"Here, let's share these." Barbatos pulled out wine, placing it on the table. "Some dandelion wine for us to enjoy. The wine's a couple of decades old - it was quite the hassle to get so you better relish the flavour."

Morax chuckled lightly. "It seems that at every meeting we have, there will always be a glass of wine. Though please remember to drink moderately, I'd rather not deal with a drunken god at this hour."

"Hey, my wine tolerance is quite good, perhaps the best in the world if I dare say so myself." Barbatos kicked his legs under the table, making sure to aim for Morax's legs.

When Morax did not react, Barbatos went to strike again, but Morax remained as unmoved as ever.

Barbatos let out a pout. "Morrraaxxx... you'll challenge me to a drinking battle right? Loser has to do whatever the other says for a day, hic."

Morax let out a scoff. "Unlike some, I have dignity." Despite his words, a few minutes later, Morax had started unknowingly drinking from his cup. It was hours later that Guizhong found the two gods drunk and wasted, splayed flat on the grass, cups in their hands, and empty wine bottles on the table.

Guizhong let out a disappointed sigh and hoped that this wouldn't become a regular occurrence.

•┈••✦ ✧ ✦••┈•

A lot could happen in seven months, Morax found.

The war had settled slightly, with the occasional ceasefire here and there. He found that reading could be a pleasurable thing, and he discovered a newfound sweetness in his tea when he added certain herbs.

He wouldn't call himself a changed man. A few new pastimes or a change in tastes did not take away his ferocity on the battlefield. But what had changed greatly was Liyue Habour. It had been many years since its establishment, and each year, he found himself surprised by the new goods being sold and the increasing number of ships that lined the harbour's docks.