3.

Venti eyed the guard standing at the entrance of the city.

"Sooo... can I enter?" He took some steps towards the main gate, only to find his path obstructed by a broken wooden sword that In Venti's humble opinion, looked more like a twig.

"Halt. One must not enter without approval."

Venti cursed. Had the security always been this tight? "I'm here to visit family."

"Names?"

"... Uh, Ragnvindir?" It was the first name that came to mind. He hated how it sounded more like a question.

The guard eyed him from head to toe. "You don't really look like one."

"I get that a lot."

The guard's sword was now pointed at his neck. Really, what was with people pointing their weapons at him? Did he look like some criminal or something?

The guard seemed to take some pity on him, roughly settling his hand on his shoulder. "Look, kid. The barrier might be gone but that doesn't mean that our city is a place to run around. Our city is still undergoing repairs, go back to where you came from."

A deep rumble from behind startled him. "He's with me."

Venti turned to face the direction of the new voice only to find himself facing-

"Zhongli?"

Said man - what the hell was he doing in Mondstadt? - didn't even bother to spare him a glance and instead continued to focus his attention on the somewhat trembling guard in front of him.

Venti pouted. Hey, if the man was going to play the saviour, he could have at least had the decency to look at him. Was his face not a wonderful sight to look at?

The guard's eyes widened slightly. "Ah, you- you must be the delegation from the south." The guard gathered his bearings quickly and offered a small nod to the god. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Zhongli carefully folded his arms, gazing at the ruined city in front of him. "I am here to visit your god, Barbatos. It would be of help for you to lead the way."

The guard glanced around, gulping visibly. "Lord Barbatos is missing."

Venti whipped his head around. "He's what?" Him, missing? Perhaps he was overthinking it. Perhaps it just happened to be one of the short slumbers he took every now and then. "Since when?"

The guard let out a sigh. "It's been roughly a week. Mondstadt's citizens were on the cusp of preparing to relocate east with the guidance of Lord Barbatos. One day he was there and the next, he wasn't."

Hadn't it been a week ago that he had arrived?

"Are you sure you've looked everywhere?" Venti asked.

The guard glared at Venti. "You are in no position to speak or move.'

"B-But..."

A deep growl came from next to him. "Like I said before, he's with me . And I believe the both of us will be on our way." And right into his ear, a softer but more dangerous voice sounded. "You will follow me. Don't make me drag you." Zhongli started to walk the other way and Venti was left standing there, watching his friend's retreating figure.

"Ah, yes, Zhongli!" He struggled to keep up with Zhongli's long strides.

"Hmphh, it's Rex Lapis to you."

"Sure thing Rexy." Venti was lucky that the guard was still in sight as otherwise Zhongli would have probably strangled him and left him to rot in the dirt.