The Matildas maintained their relentless pressure, with E-V-E orchestrating the midfield. The 40th minute brought another wave of excitement as Sam Kerr, a powerhouse forward, showcased her prowess. A precise cross found Kerr in the box, and with a perfectly timed header, she doubled Australia's lead. The crowd roared in approval, celebrating the Matildas' commanding 2-0 lead. She pulled her famous back flip before turning in Monica's direction sending her a hand heart high above her head which she sees Monica reciprocate, the number 20 painted in green and gold on her cheek.

As the game progressed, substitutions came into play. In the 60th minute, Sam Kerr, having left her mark on the match, made way for Mary Fowler. The crowd, appreciative of Kerr's contribution, showered her with a thunderous cheer. Fowler seamlessly integrated into the game, adding fresh energy to the Matildas' attack. 

In the 70th minute, Hayley Raso electrified the crowd with a sensational goal. A swift counterattack caught Denmark off guard, and Raso expertly finished, securing Australia's dominance with a 3-0 lead. The stadium echoed with cheers and applause, the fans reveling in the Matildas' stellar performance.

As the final minutes ticked away, the Matildas maintained their composure, thwarting Denmark's attempts to claw back into the game. The referee's whistle pierced the air, signaling the end of the match. The scoreboard illuminated in favour of the Matildas, a resounding 3-0 victory that echoed the team's skill, teamwork, and the undeniable spirit of Australian soccer. The Matildas will be advancing to the quarter-finals of the World Cup on home soil.

As the girls walked around meeting their fans Sam came first to Monica.

"You did so good Sammy." Monica praised the girl.

"All for you, all for the country." Sam pulled Monica in by her waist connecting them into a hug. "I'll come back for you, gotta see some fans." Sam sent Monica a wink before moving towards a large crowd of screaming fans. When she finally did come back she held out her hands to a confused Monica.

"Take my hands, you're coming with me." 

"Where?" Monica asked, curiosity lacing her voice.

"You're coming home with me, how does that sound?"

"Sounds amazing." The two were so close that if they moved even 5 cm forward they would kiss. Monica trust Sam placing her hands in the girls as Sam guided her over the barricade. 

"There you go, see you're fine." Sam joked at the girls apprehension. "Let me go get my stuff and we can make a runner out of her huh?" Sam dragged the girl into the dressing room, her ears were instantly ringing with the loud music and cheering from the girls coming from all around.

She was pulled into a jump up and down dance by Ras who then passed her on to Macca. The girls went around in circles dancing and celebrating with each other. When Monica fell into Ellie her best friends eyes widened in shock.

"Moni what are you doing here?!"

"Uh, Sam is giving me a ride back to my uh hotel!" Monica was quick to lie, of course she felt guilty about it but they didn't want anyone knowing just yet, even if that meant Ellie.

"Ok!" The two were shouting over the music to talk to each other. The dancing continued until Tony came in to give them a final talk and congratulations before sending them off. Sam's hand latched onto Monica's practically dragging her out of the dressing rooms.

The car ride back to the hotel was short, the girls still made it like talking to each other was the last thing they would ever do. Now the hard part was sneaking in without anyone seeing Moni with Sam. They were almost caught by Kyra and Harper running away from Mini and Alanna, Caitlin & Macca filming their tiktoks but they made it unseen.

The girls were quick to change and hop into bed. The whole sleeping next to each other felt natural, they were so comfortable with each other. Both of them were so exhausted and this was rejuvenating. Once they were ready they played down ready for sleep.

"Good night Sammy."

"Good night Mona." The two fell into a long awaited instantly deep sleep.

" The two fell into a long awaited instantly deep sleep

Word Count: 1373

This one took awhile I had no motivation what so ever now that I can just sit at home instead of going to school lol. I'll try to get regular for you guys.

-Jade