Chapter 31

‼️ WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN MANGA SPOILERS & GORE ‼️
READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED
Enjoy! <3

Since Satoru missed a couple of weeks to care for me, he had to return before officially taking his paternity leave.

And while my husband was away, I decided to add some light touches to the nursery room.

From setting up the baby monitor and putting away the rest of the baby's clothes and diapers in their compartment, I somehow stumbled across one of my old items.

The Devil's Horn, a cursed weapon that was a long dagger with two sharp prongs on either side.

"What is this doing here?" I let out a weak chuckle and went to reach for them.

But as I barely grazed it, a vision struck me.

In the blink of an eye, I was staring down at my hands to find them trembling and covered with blood.

As I looked back up, Satoru stood frozen, the tears in his eyes began trickling down his cheeks.

"I love you, Satoru..." I said before feeling my knees go weak and collapsing. But instead of meeting the hard ground, Satoru rushed to my side and held onto me.

His eyes flickered between me and down at the dagger plummeted into my chest, overwhelmed with mixed emotions.

Horror. Panic. Anger.

"Y/n... Please, don't go. I-I'll redirect my reverse--"

The daggers clattered against the floor and I felt the same sharp pain in my eyes. The pain briefly went away with a few hard blinks before Satoru's faded voice echoed.

"Please don't leave me..."

"Mmf!"

I stumbled over the crib, holding myself upright before slowly guiding myself to the rocking chair.

Once I was seated, the fear inside me began to take control, causing my breathing to be shallow. So, I tried to calm my nerves with a few breathing techniques and cradling my bump.

"That can't be possible... It can't..."

"What are you doing?!" The Parasite's dark shadowy figure appeared before me. "Stop it with your foolishness this instant!"

I slowly lifted my head, the tears welling up in my eyes.

A hint of realization appeared over the Parasite's glare before it masked it with a snarl. Then catching me by surprise when it suddenly grabbed me by the face and pulled me out of my seat.

"Do I need to repeat myself? You're 27 weeks. That's a little over 6 months. Meaning, you will stop those foolish visions of your demise and focus on staying healthy for those vessels."

"Vessels?" I scoffed in disgust, "Don't. You. Ever call my unborn twins that."

The Parasite let out a low chuckle, "We made a deal. Or have you forgotten?" Its eyes glowed brighter, somehow causing me to feel dizzy, "That I protect your unborn twins from harm and I'll get something in return."

"No," I pushed through the dizziness. "You manipulate me and I will set things right. Even if that means I go down, you'll go down with me."

If my visions were all true, I had to accept them and take action. In which the Devil's Horn seemed like a plausible solution.

But that was when the Parasite's eyes burned with fury and tossed me aside. Luckily I landed over the crib and propped myself over as I turned to face the cursed spirit.

"Not if I destroy it."

My eyes widened as the curse glanced over at the Devil's Horn. With one of its arms outstretched, it immediately engulfed the cursed weapon in flames, letting out a shriek before vanishing into thin air.

"No!"

Its distorted laughter filled the room, causing the walls to rumble before its eyes landed back on me.

"Now, nothing will get in my way. And I will proceed with my plans with you, including sacrificing that Fushiguro brat to Sukuna."

Its sharp claws traced along my jawline, leaving a scratch for amusement.

"What did you just say?" I jerked my face away from its touch.

In response, the Parasite laughed wickedly, "You didn't know? Sukuna's going to kill the boy. And after the twins are born, I'll gain more power by absorbing both the vessel's energy. Not to mention they'll inherit Timeless and Limitless! Ha!"

My eyes widened from the shocking news, but I immediately stepped back while wrapping a protective arm over my bulging bump.

"You and Sukuna will not lay a single hair on him. Not on my watch."

But it stood there menacingly without another word but a smirk when a sudden vision reeled me in. 

"Satoru, honey..?" The atmosphere somehow felt eerie when I entered our home.

I looked around, noticing how dimly lit the house was when a crash sounded from the nursery room.

"Nara! Daichi!" My eyes widened, and I immediately bolted upstairs to check on my newborns.

The moment I barged into their room, it was covered with blood... Bright red splattered on the walls and floor, freshly dripping from the cribs...

Two lifeless bodies lay in the crib, whereas Satoru's body lay limp on the ground. It was already gruesome to see my newborns lifeless...

But Satoru...

His limbs were torn apart, and his eyes... God... They were gouged out, leaving his eye sockets bloodied and empty...

It was horrific...

I let out a blood-curdling cry and sobbed as my knees went weak, and collapsed onto the ground.

"NOOO! OH, GOD, NOOO!"

My shaky hands went to cover my mouth as the tears streamed down my face.

When suddenly its figure hastily pulled me aside, grabbing me by the throat and pinning me against the wall.

Its vicious smile grew, eyes glowing as it wandered my figure.

The vision slowly faded away, and I was getting pulled into a nostalgic feeling. In an environment that felt more comforting than the previous vision. But it was still heart-rendering.

"Even in Heaven or on Earth, promise me, Satoru, that you won't... No matter what, my love..."

From that moment, I finally realized all those unexpected flashes of visions throughout my pregnancy were warnings.

Broken glimpses of my future...

But I was now assured of what to do.

Protecting my family on my terms and exorcising the cursed spirit I've created.

"Get away from my wife, you parasite."