Chapter 17

As I laid on the ground, I had a protective arm wrapped around my bump as Satoru's mother glared down at me.

"Everything I do is for this family, Y/n. And I will do anything to protect Satoru and the Gojo Clan's future." Her tone was cold as ice, "Even if that means staining my hands with my own kins blood."

"You're--..." I struggled to get the words out as the pain shocked through my veins, "Just as pathetic... as the Zen'in Clan..."

I slumped back against the ground, gasping and grunting from the pain while his mother just watched me cold-heartedly.

"Oh, I see that my method has worked," She flashed a sadistic smirk.

Still struggling to get up, I realized that she was referring to the blood that slowly began to puddle around me.

"Y/n?! Y/n!" Satoru busted through the door frantically.

Once his eyes met a glimpse of my bloodied body, he immediately crashed onto his knees beside me. "What did you do to her?!"

Satoru's tone was filled with fury and panic but managed to remain composed as he cradled my body.

As I watched Satoru lash out at his mother and holding me tightly, my eyes began to droop.

Focusing on his voice, he was going through every emotions all at once.

Fear, anger, disgust.

"RARGHH!"

When finally there was nothing else but silence and darkness.

"Not my babies... I beg of you, please save our twins..."

"Are you sure that's what you want?" A shadow stood before me, its eyes glowing a bright purple, "Nothing else in particular? Like, the Gojo Clan?"

"Just protect them from those who dare to harm us."

A huge smile crept across their face as they snapped their fingers.

"Fine by me."

The moment my eyes fluttered open, I found myself laying in a cozy hospital bed.

Over near the window, I spotted Satoru sleeping on the couch as the sun's golden rays covered his pale skin and hair.

Wanting a better view of him, I slowly got up when another wave of pain rushed through me, causing me to fall back against the pillows.

"Fuck..." I winced and immediately went to hold my belly.

"Y/n..?" Satoru sleepily says before catching a glimpse of me. "Y/n!" He shot up but stumbled. "You're awake!"

I chuckled as I watched my husband clumsily made his way to my bedside and taking my hands.

"Satoru?"

He hummed in response, his eyes glistening with pure relief.

"Our babies... Are they all right?"

"They're safe and sound," He said with a smile that lit up the whole room.

Just hearing that relieved me as I let out a deep sigh.

"Thank goodness..." I looked back up him, "How long was I out for?"

"The whole day," Satoru reached out to tuck my hair back. "I suppose you're now well rested after sleeping in over 24 hours?"

I scoffed, "Yeah, right..."