" Promise..? "

--------------
My AU - 6 month relationship
Angst to Fluff - Hurt/Comfort
Word Count : 2500
        ↪︎   A bit of a shorter one, sorry.
TW : Overthinking, swearing, crying, slight mention of @bus3.
-------------------

Quackity couldn't get up. His brain just wouldn't let him. He was too busy thinking about life, all the bad things in life. Well- all the good things in life, really, but he's over thinked everything so much that he's sure it's no longer one of the better things in life. 'It' being his somewhat new relationship with Wilbur Soot.

With the way all his past relationships went– Schlatt, Sapnap, Karl— he was more than sure that there had to be something going on in his current relationship. Was he being cheated on? Used for his money, or power, perhaps? Was this all just some sort of sick joke Wilbur had concocted to make fun of him?

He was sure Wilbur was going to leave him sooner than later, that he's only going to get attached to the taller, and then he'll leave like everyone else. That sooner than later, most likely before the year mark, Wilbur would get sick of him and then leave. Leave Quakity alone. Leave Quackity heartbroken.

I mean, why wouldn't Wilbur? He was truly unloveable. He was rude, stuck up, he was always busy, he's ugly, that dammed scar across his face not helping, he's untrustworthy, boring, annoying, and easily the most bratty person on the server. Not to mention he was weak, and vulnerable, and easily manipulated. He's an idiot. There are no good qualities to him. That's what he thought, at least. So, in his books, that's what everyone thought as well.

It was about nine am, and Quackity had woken up a bit later than usual from a nightmare. One where Wilbur and sat him down, told him how stupid and idiotic he was, hit him.. just like Schlatt used to.. and then disappeared, leaving Quackity's multiple wounds to bleed out as he laid there. It was only when he passes out in his dream when he had woken up, tears dripping down his cheeks. And it triggered something in him, so his thoughts spiralled at an unbelievable rate.

He had work to get done, and typically he's be in his office right now, picking away at the piles of paper work he has stacked around his desk.

But he can't. For some reason, he couldn't will himself to get up, get ready, and leave. It was just a nightmare, after all! He has those all the time. So why he couldn't get up just this once was beyond him.

He was using every bit of his remaining strength not to cry, but he knew that dam would break the moment he saw Wilbur. If Wilbur even decided to visit him today. He doubted it, though, he didn't think Wilbur cared for him anymore.

He was very quickly pulled out of his train of thought, however, when he heard the front door unlock, creek open, and then closed. He wasn't sure if someone was breaking in, or if Wilbur was once again using his spare key that Quackity had given him a couple months ago- for emergencies, though Wilbur took it as an invite to come in whenever. He was almost sure it was the first option.
Still, he couldn't muster enough strength and energy to get up and bring himself to safety.

"Quackity..?" a deep, british voice called out from by the front door, accompanied by footsteps rapidly approaching the bedroom.

Quackity's breath hitched, he didn't want to talk to Wilbur right now. To explain what was happening. He didn't even want to look at him. He was sure if he did, he would break into tears immediately. And he didn't want to barden Wilbur with all his problems.

Even if it always made him feel better.

So, he did the first thing he could think of. Pretend to still be asleep.