32. therapy talks.

my babies 🥹.
——
one week later. Omniscient.

"I haven't played in your hair since you were a little girl." Jenifer said brushing Tealyn's hair as she lay comfortably on the couch, Mason was asleep in the guest room, but they'd be leaving to go home soon.

"Yeah I know, I feel like I'm seven years old again." She said as a memory of her childhood popped into her mind causing her to smile to herself.

"That proposal was so beautiful, Chris really outdid himself." She said feeling her daughter nod against her lap.

"It really was, and he really did! I'm surprised that Cam didn't spill the beans.." Tealyn laughed.

"Oh trust me, I was trying my hardest to hold it in myself." Jenifer laughed looking down at her daughter briefly, in her heart she was happy to see how far she'd come since losing Isiah, It was quiet for a moment before she spoke again.

"I was trying to figure out why he was acting so strange." She chuckled rubbing her stomach as her little girl moved inside of her.

"He came to me about a week prior to him proposing, we had a long conversation, showed me the ring and everything
. Ugh, he truly loves you and Mason with all of his heart."

"He really does, I really do thank God for him everyday. Speaking of God, I think I want to go to church Sunday. Tealyn said as her mom continued to brush her hair.

"You should! Better your relationship with him." Jenifer said as Tealyn sat up since she was feeling some soreness in her back, it was silent for a moment before Jenifer spoke again.

"I don't know if I told you this, but I'm very proud of you sweetheart." She said causing Taelyn looked over at her.

"You are? why?" She chuckled a little.

"Because you've grown so much, you're an amazing mother and you'll be an amazing wife too. I know we had our disagreements in the past, but as your mother I couldn't be happier for you."

"Mom, you're gonna make me cry!" She said as they shared a laugh.

"Then we'll both be in here crying. Seriously though, I am very proud of you baby, words can't describe how happy I am. It's like.." She trailed off wiping her tears.

"Aw mommy, don't cry." She said pulling her into a hug, she kissed to top of her head rubbing her arm rocking her from side to side like she used to do when Tealyn was a child.

"Whew, okay Jenifer relax..." She said to herself wiping her tears. "Okay I'm calm now, I love you sweetie. let me go ahead and let you go home before we're both a crying mess." She said as Tealyn stood up to give her a hug, well a side hug since her baby bump was poking out.

Making her way upstairs she gathered Masons things scooping him into her arms. Slipping his hearing aids out of his ears she put them in her jacket pocket and pulled her keys from her pocket.

Making her way downstairs, she hugged her mom who kissed Mason's cheek.

"Get home safe."

"I will, I'll call you when we get there. I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart, tell my son in-law  I love him too. She said as Taelyn nodded laughing.

"I will."
—-

" —-