chapter 5: 𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬

C H A P T E R  F I V EREKINDLE FRIENDSHIPS┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

REKINDLE FRIENDSHIPS
┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

C H A P T E R  F I V EREKINDLE FRIENDSHIPS┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

In a town filled with ambitious mamas and fortune-hunting gentlemen, marrying above one's station is an art form, indeed. But Miss Daphne Bridgerton's advance from future duchess to possible princess is an achievement that even this jaded author must applaud. Though this author cannot dismiss the Duke of Hastings quite so soon. He may have let the diamond slip through his fingers for now, but I shall wager he is not a man to ever hide from a fight.

Lady Whistledown

1813

┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

The grandeur of the Bridgerton Estate was never more evident than on this cool, crisp evening. Emmaline Davison found herself standing before the ornate mirror in one of Daphne bedrooms, a reflection of elegance in a delicate lavender nightgown. Daphne, who had kindly invited her to spend the night, stood beside her, her gaze fixed on her own reflection. She watched as Daphne meticulously brushed her chestnut curls, her fingers deftly weaving through the strands. She couldn't help but smile at her friend's beauty and grace. Daphne was a vision at the ball earlier that evening.

The ball had been a dazzling affair, and it was the talk of the ton. Daphne was a vision of grace and allure, in a stunning white and silver sequin gown that shimmered with each step she took. Her golden curls tumbled over her shoulders, and her eyes sparkled with a mixture of excitement and trepidation, she truly had outshone everyone. The men, young and old, had been transfixed by her beauty, none more so than Prince Friedrich, a dashing suitor who had set his sights on Daphne, it was all anyone could talk about.

"You looked positively radiant tonight, Daph," Emmaline remarked, admiring her friend's reflection.

Daphne offered a wistful smile. "Thank you, Emma. But it was an overwhelming evening, to say the least."