chapter 2: 𝐯𝐚𝐮𝐱𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

C H A P T E R  T W OVAUXHALL BALL┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

C H A P T E R T W O
VAUXHALL BALL
┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

C H A P T E R  T W OVAUXHALL BALL┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

┈ˋˏ༻❁༺ˎˊ┈

The morning sun rose up. Emmaline was still fast asleep, peacefully, as the light coming through the window, the golden sun kissing her face. She started to wake up as she heard her maid, Mary, walking into her room talking to her mother.

"She's still not awake, Mary. I thought I told you she had to make haste."

"I tried waking her up madam, but she wouldn't budge." Mary explained.

Emmaline hid herself under her ivory sheets, trying to quiet the voices around her. Eleanor shook her head as she pulled the sheets away from her daughter, "My god dear, what are you still doing in bed. It's almost evening." She explained.

"Mama let me be please!" Emmaline whined quietly as she stood up from her bed. "Why must I make haste, I don't have anything planned today."

"That's where you're wrong my dear, you must get ready"

Before Emmaline had any say the rest of the maids came into her room, already getting her bath, clothing, and everything ready. She was persistent as she tried to get away from them as she got out of bed, as she ran toward the door but failed.

"Emmaline for once, can you please corroborate. Please sweetheart " She pleaded.

All Emmaline wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep in all day. She looked over at her mother, and nodded slowly, "Yes mama, I'm sorry." She whispered, looking down.

Eleanor walked over to her daughter, placing both hands on Emmaline's face, as she lifted her head, smiling, "Thank you, we'll be waiting downstairs okay" She kissed her forehead and walked out her room.

Once her mother was out of sight, Emmaline smiled dropped as she rubbed her face, groaning. Mary walked over to the young girl placing her hand on her shoulder, "Miss it's time for your bath."

She looked over her shoulder, facing Mary with a sad look written all over her face, "Why is my mother like this?"

"You know your mother is doing what is best for you," Mary explained.