CHAPTER TEN, last night all together

Start from the beginning

Ophelia melts into his embrace, breathing him in. She could feel her body relaxing more. Her mind was still racing with everything and her anxiety was still present, but having Ricky holding her like this made her feel calmer. Ricky pulls back, keeping her close, his hand cupping her cheek, thumb stroking her cheekbone. "You okay?"

Ophelia nods and leans forward, brushing her nose against his. "Thank you. I needed that." She whispers, looking into his hazel eyes that were filled with love and adoration. Her heart fluttered and butterflies swarmed in her stomach, knowing that she was the reason for that. She leans in closer, their lips inches apart. "I love you." She whispered against his lips.

Ricky smiles softly, his lips brushing against hers. "I love you too." He whispered back, pressing his lips against hers. He moved his hands to cup her face, the kiss soft and gentle. Her hands reached up and wrapped around his wrists, feeling the warmth from his touch. She melted into his kiss, her mind becoming clear and her worries melting away. She felt safe and secure with him, knowing he would protect her and would always be there for her no matter what.

"I have a gift for you." Ricky mutters against her lips, causing her to pull away slightly with a curious look. "I was going to give it to you during intermission, but then you got pulled away from me."

"Which I'm really sorry about." Ophelia grimaces, feeling bad for ditching him like that. "Quinn needed me for-"

"It's okay, Lia. No need to explain yourself. I know you're busy and it's a crazy time for you right now." Ricky interrupts, not wanting her to feel bad or think that he was mad at her. He didn't feel that way at all, he knew how crazy things were for her and how hectic things were, he was just glad he had gotten a minute to talk to her and see her. "You're here now., that's all that matters." He pulls out a small black box and Ophelia gasps softly, staring at the box. He opens it and shows her the silver necklace with heart locket and had a picture of them in it. "It's a promise necklace. Don't even know if that's a thing, but I'm making it a thing." Ophelia chuckles softly along with her, staring at him with love and adoration the same way he stared at her. "Like a promise ring. It's a promise that I will always be there for you, no matter what." He pauses for a moment, staring at her and admiring her beauty, thinking of his next words. "Because you're my home."

Ophelia feels tears welling up in her eyes, overwhelmed by how much he cared for her and loved her and was completely and utterly amazed at how he was the one for her. He was the man of her dreams and was the love of her life and she wouldn't have it any other way. "I promise that too. And you're my home as well, Ricky Bowen. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Ophelia Roberts." He replied, smiling softly as he leaned in, capturing her lips with his own. Ophelia smiled against his lips, her hands going around his neck and his hands falling to her waist. The kiss was soft and sweet, full of love and adoration and promises. The kiss held meaning, a promise of always being there for each other no matter what, a promise of love and happiness and a promise of a future together. They were both excited to see what the future held for them and were ready to face it together.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" Ricky murmured when they pulled away from the kiss.

Ophelia nods. "Yes, please." She replied. Ricky takes the necklace out of the box and puts it around her neck. Once he's done, she turns around and stares at herself in the mirror, touching the necklace gently. The necklace was simple, a silver heart locket on a thin chain, but it meant the world to her. It was a reminder of Ricky and how much he loved her, and she would treasure it forever.

"It looks beautiful on you." Ricky speaks up, coming up from behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Almost as beautiful as you."