taking my seat, i glance out the windows, looking down on the courtyard. the main reason i chose sina was for the view; great pine trees filled the center of the quad. the sycamore's had already started changing colors to burnt yellows and oranges. i turn my attention away from them to the shuffling next to me. a tall boy sits down; face pale and drawn, dark purple sitting under his green eyes. i work my eyes down his body; his tattooed arms are exposed. something that looks like a centipede wraps and twists around his right arm. his shirt sleeve on his upper arm covers it, but it looks like it extends to his back. silver rings adorn his fingers. he pays me no attention; and none to ackerman when he finally starts his lecture.

"you can read the syllabus online after class," he begins, "today were starting with the anglo saxons." ackermans' voice becomes distant in my mind. i'm suddenly hyper aware of my body with the boy sitting so close to me. can he hear me breathe? fuck, my posture, my double chin is def showing; i care like he's actually looking at me. time hangs in the air for the duration of class; i can't help but sneak glances to my left. my eyes act on their own; as if drawn to him. fuck, my whole body was drawn to him. it was an unexplainable feeling; but i couldn't help feeling addicted to him.

i didn't even realize ackerman was done with his lecture until raucous shuffling could be heard around the classroom, and i noticed students taking their leave. as i unsteadily got up from my chair, a phone is jabbed into my torso, "your number," comes from the voice next to me. "in case i need it," his voice is husky, like he hasn't slept in ages. his tone is bored, like asking was a chore.

"yeah in case," i tease him, but my tone elicits no response from him. who was he to make demands anyway? jotting in my number, he takes his phone back, reading my name. "y/n..." his voice was smoother this time, more intoxicating. i finally made eye contact with him as he looked up from his phone.

"eren," face still void of emotion as he introduced himself. my eyes widen a bit, and i turn to hastily make my way out of the class. could it be? i didn't think he was ever gonna come back. the name was one i heard sparingly. my friends didn't really bring him up anymore; their eyes were somber everytime they did. he dropped out of sina the year i started; just totally disappeared apparently. my mind was running through so many thoughts. i didn't imagine him to be so gruff? even with the few memories they shared, eren seemed like a light in their lives. but the person i just met... he was dull; life was lackluster for him. what happened?

in the courtyard just outside of the dorms, the skin on my back began to crawl, and my brain forced my neck to turn. nothing is out of the ordinary, just other students passing me as i continue my walk to the dorms. but the feeling of eyes intently watching me doesn't go away.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

back in the privacy of my own room, i start to unpack the remaining boxes. it still remains barren and the air is stale from being empty all summer. 'beware' by deftones is playing loudly, but i turn my attention toward the door when i hear the volume drop. "wear this tonight;" sasha throws a black dress my way, removing her other hand from the stereo. i grab it, unfolding the crumbled heap she threw it in. the lace trim makes it more my style.