Minji [New Jeans] × Reader

Start from the beginning

Memories hit you right on the face as your heart dropped and your eyes stung, coming across your ex-girlfriend standing before you.

She didn't look that good either.

"Min– Minji?" You called, collecting yourself.

"Hey. Can I come in?" She asked softly.

"Y– yeah. Sure." You stuttered, moving out of the way.

She got in, and you walked to the living room, letting the door close on its own. You stood in the middle of the room, facing each other awkwardly.

"Do– do you want something to drink?" You asked, hoping to reduce the tension.

"No." She refused.

"Ah– how– how are the girls?"

Minji nodded. "They miss you."

"Right." You paused. "How... are you?" You asked faintly.

She simply nodded again. "What about you?"

You gulped. "I have been good." You whispered, looking away from her.

"I know what you have been up to, Y/N." She said, and you looked back at her, creasing your eyebrows. "Jennie Unnie and others came to see me."

You looked down, biting your lower lip anxiously.

"I didn't think it'd be like this." She added.

You nodded, sniffling.

"Me neither. I didn't think it would be this hard."

"What's happening with us?" Her voice cracked.

"I don't know. I don't know." You whispered helplessly. "I tried to forget you. Forget what we had. But I couldn't. Maybe eventually I will... but that time is not anytime soon. Please tell the girls I need some more time. I will come back when I am okay enough to look at you without feeling my heart break." You mumbled, and Minji hugged you. Tightly.

"Don't. Please don't say that." She mumbled against your chest.

You reciprocated the hug, wrapping your hands around her.

"This isn't worth it, Y/N. The distance is not worth anything."

You nodded.

She pulled away abruptly and cupped your face. "Can we not do this? Can we go back to how we were?"

"Minji, you are saying..." Your voice trailed off.

"I don't want to break up with you. I don't want to be away from you."

You pulled her into your arms and hugged her again.

"I love you, Baby. I love you so much." You cried against her shoulders.

"Me too." She whispered against your chest. "I love you, Y/N."

You pulled away and kissed her forehead, and as if on cue, the front door opened, and the four girls got in.

They smiled warmly, seeing the two of you.

"Decided to get back together?" Your sister asked.

You nodded, smiling.

"Finally! She smiled!" Lisa exclaimed dramatically.

"We were starting to miss it," Rosè added as the four of them walked towards you.

You hugged the four of them and thanked them.

"You don't have to thank us. Just remember, this could be just the beginning. You will face such challenges as you go on. You should be strong enough for that." Jisoo explained.

"True. You don't have to change anything about you for anyone else except you." Jennie added.

You nodded, holding Minji's hand and intertwining your fingers.

"So, are you coming back today?" Minji asked you as all of you sat down in the living room, chit-chatting.

"Ah, can I stay here for today as well? I will be there in the morning. I need to spend some time with my Unnies properly without crying my eyes out." You chuckled.

"That's our baby right there," Lisa shouted.

Minji nodded. "Can I... stay with you too?"

You looked at your sisters, hopefully, and they smirked.

"You are welcome to stay with us as long as you want," Jisoo assured.

The two of you smiled brightly.

"But you will be sleeping separately!"

[A/N: Requested!♥️Hope they like it.😇🤗

Always remember that even if we don't mean any harm to people, there will always be someone who wants to throw trash at us.
So, just don't stop being yourself for others, Guys. Love you!!🫂]