bestfriends pt. III (Noh yunah)

Y/n... Have you been keeping your true feelings hidden all this time?

I sat there trying to wrap my head around on what just happened, was her grandmother joking?

While we ate she constantly filled my glass, keeping it full.

How come I didn't notice the little things right away? The subtle yet precious details?

Throughout all this time, many perceived her as bitter but beneath that exterior she carried genuine concern for me.

She cares about me deeply, a Truth that i had yet to fully comprehend.

It was her being thoughtful of me and her being considerate of her feelings for me.

Y/n

"Did you like the picture?"

"Yeah, the person
who Took it is good
at taking pictures"

"Or maybe the person who
I took a picture of is just really
Pretty."

She displayed signs, subtle hints of her affection, which i regrettably failed to realize.

Instead, i dismissed them, unaware of their significance.

Y/n has been with me already for so long, being with her feels natural and light, like breathing.

And it's this enduring closeness that perhaps prevented me from recognizing her feelings earlier.

She is the unwavering, comforting constant in the ever-changing variables of my life.

The only constant thing in my world.

Y/n and i silently washed the dishes, not uttering a single word until her grandmother noticed us.

"Why aren't you guys talking to each other? Are you both okay?" Her grandmother asked, "Yeah we're fine, yunah, I'll do it myself." She replied.

"No, it'll be faster if i help." I said and then we were back to being quiet.

I said goodbye to her grandmother and y/n offered to walk me home, like he always did.

It was still quiet....