a kiss to every scar [H.Steinfeld]

Start from the beginning

Despite how used to being on set you might be by now, you still admire each and every detail as if it was the first day again. Part of it comes from how unbelievable it all still is and another part of it comes from how cool everything is. There's always so much to take in and it's become a habit of yours to be present and grateful for every moment.

A habit that, unbeknownst to you, Hailee finds really adorable.

The list of things she likes about you is quite long but at the top of the list are your wide-eyed looks of wonder and the smile on your face nothing seems to wipe away. It's no secret that the brunette has taken a liking to you, especially in her attempts to make sure nothing snuffs out the bright beams of sunlight you carry inside of yourself. She knows exactly what that's like and she'd sooner lose her role as Kate Bishop than let you fall into any dark spirals.

"So..." She speaks up, gently pulling you closer to her side. "Did anything exciting happen besides watching me?"

Your cheeks flush at her words which makes her grin. "Sort of. Florence and I talked about walking around New York tomorrow since it's just going to be you and Jeremy filming scenes."

"Oh, yeah? Where are you thinking of going?" She leads you into her trailer while you launch into the specifics of all the places you want to visit and the things you want to see.

The brunette watches you intently, although her attention slips from the words you say to the genuine excitement your body language conveys. You're too busy talking to notice the way she's eying you or the way she keeps licking her lips.

You finish your explanation only to be met with complete silence and Hailee's tall frame leaning comfortably against the door to her trailer.

"Lee? Were you even listening?"

The tiniest of pouts tugs at your lips and the actress is quick to make her way over to you, completely forgetting about the unlocked door and her promise of taking you to dinner. "I'm sorry, baby, you're just too cute, I got distracted."

The "apology" makes your heart skip a couple of beats and you're sure she notices your flustered state. "I guess that's fine. I should probably go anyway so you can change."

You look away from her and attempt to walk away but she stops you with a gentle hand on your shoulder. The contact makes you stiffen, not because it's unwelcome but because it sends an overwhelming amount of feelings through your entire body. "You okay, y/n? I didn't make you uncomfortable, did I?"

Your eyes remain locked on the ground below you as you shake your head. The lack of a verbal response only serves to worry the brunette further and her free hand quickly tilts your chin up until her warm eyes meet yours.

She doesn't say anything but the question on her face is obvious.

"I'm not uncomfortable," you force yourself to answer. "I just...I think I like it too much."

The concern in her eyes shifts to something else, something bordering on passion, but you're far too embarrassed to question it. "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to be nervous. I like you too."

The words don't fully register in your brain at first. Sure, you've lived through a lot of unbelievable moments but this is something right out of those dreams you can never tell a single soul about.

"You...you what?"

Hailee chuckles, taking the smallest of steps forward so your bodies are practically touching. "I like you too, baby. I hate to break it to you but you're not as subtle as you think."

"Neither are you," you blurt out.

She leans in a little and your eyes instantly drop down to her lips. "I know."