1.7 | parts that will never be whole (revised)

Start from the beginning

But any chance of that disappeared the second she laid eyes on him. Once she saw the face that she once thought was so beautiful and brought her nothing but peace, her own hardened. She clenched her jaw and balled her hands into small fists. It was funny. She still couldn't see it. When she looked at him, she didn't see evil. She didn't see a monster. But from looking at Katherine, she never would've guessed that she was a vampire if she didn't know. Looks could be deceiving.

"Where is she?" Astoria snapped at him, causing him to look up from the counter that he was currently wiping. Astoria realized just then that she never actually saw him bake anything. He was always standing around, closing up or opening, cleaning. She never saw him baking anything.

"Astoria," Klaus looked up at her with a frown. He came around the counter and walked over to her, reaching for her hands only for Astoria to push them away."What's wrong?"

"You may have fooled me once, but that will not happen again," Astoria glared at him."What have you done with her?"

"With who?" He furrowed his brow.

Astoria scoffed in response. She was growing tired of him pretending that he didn't know what was wrong, what she had done."Katherine. What have you done with her, Klaus?"

Klaus' face fell instantly. He tilted his head back a bit and narrowed his eyes at Astoria. He was surprised that she figured it out. He assumed Katherine must have spotted them. Astoria never met him before. But he was more surprised that she showed up here. He assumed that her first instinct would be to run and get as far away from him as possible. Yet she showed up and confronted about him. She looked scared and upset, but he had to admit she had much more strength than he gave her credit for.

It took him a moment to realize what she was saying. He was more focused on her. Now, he realized that Katherine was gone. But he wasn't shocked. He wouldn't admit it, but the past few weeks, she wasn't the one that he was after. She had become nothing more than an excuse.

"I cannot find her anywhere and she would not leave without me," Astoria continued, swallowing back tears."So what did you to do her? Where is she?"

"She left you," Klaus realized. It didn't surprise him. He always knew Katherine would rid of Astoria the second that she became an inconvenience.

"No, she would not do that," Astoria denied it. She pushed that thought out of her mind almost instantly. Katherine would never leave her.

"I have been chasing Katerina for centuries, love-" He began, but she cut him off.

"You do not get to call me that," Astoria snapped at him, her voice filled with disgust. She couldn't believe that she allowed him to call her such things in the past, that she laid in his arms, kissed his lips, held his hand. She should've known better, figured it out. But he was so convincing, and she couldn't see past his act. Even now, she had a hard time believing the man she thought she knew was someone else.

"Astoria, believe me, if I had Katerina in my grasp, I would not be standing here with you, I would be busy ripping her heart out," He scowled.

"You think that I will believe anything you say ever again?" Astoria scoffed in disbelief."Everything that leaves your lips is a lie. At least operating under that assumption will cause everyone around you less pain."

"You speak as if you know me," Klaus commented.

"You learn everything you need to know about a person when you become aware that they spent weeks deceiving someone," Astoria spat, clenching her jaw. She stared at him, trying to find it. But she couldn't. Something that would tell her that he really was evil. A horrible person. But he looked the same to her as he did yesterday. It was like nothing had changed, but something should've.