𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢.

Começar do início

Charles laughs and nods. Of course, he is kidding but poking fun at Max for his successes is just easy. He sits down on the chair to watch the replay of some of the race highlights when Checo enters and the two drivers start talking. Charles mixes in the conversation when spoken to but his mind is wandering.

Fayen was watching today. He knew this because she texted him about it. They have been texting but none of it enclosed any information about where they stand with one another. There looks to be this silent agreement between them that they will not text about the attraction between them and keep their conversations very friendly. Charles had texted her when he got on his flight and Fayen told him she would be flying out on Saturday to watch the sprint and race together with her parents.

This surprised Charles a little. He knows Jacques and Pascale a little through his bond with Pierre but they are not the types to come to a lot of races. That they chose this particular race doesn't sit right with Charles. Maybe it's because of Antoine or it's close to home for them but that their parents decided to attend a Race mere days after their daughter's birthday seemed a little odd.

Fayen doesn't mention her parents a lot. In the almost half a year that he has known her, she has never so much as mentioned them. Maybe once or twice in passing but that's it. Pierre talks about his parents way more often. About how important they are to him, and how supportive and generous with financial backing for his career.

"You coming?" Charles' thoughts are cut off by Max waving his hand in front of his eyes. He blinks rapidly not having noticed they are supposed to move to the podium already. "Deep in thought, I see."

The smirk on Max's face is answered with a sharp look from Charles and a head shake. "Not here. Not now."

Max throws his hands up in defence but the smirk remains on his face as Charles takes his position to climb the podium and accept his trophy. He bans Fayen from his mind for now, enjoying his third place and spraying the team below him. He denies to himself that he is searching for a head of brown wavey hair between all the red and blue.

"So, she's still on your mind?" Max muses as he comes to walk beside Charles when they exit the podium area.

Charles rolls his eyes at him and scoffs. "You are like a dog with a bone, you know that?"

"A gift to be proud of," he shrugs and stays silent for Charles to fill him in on his thoughts.

"Well," Charles sighs before letting his shoulder sag. "Kind of? I don't know."

Max is the one sighing now and he bumps his shoulder into Charles. "Yes, you do. Stop being a stubborn ass and admit to yourself that you like her more than you are telling yourself."

Maybe it was a mistake to have told Max about his problematic situation with the youngest Gasly. He just needed to tell someone. After he and Fayen returned to the party he couldn't think straight for the rest of the night. They kissed again and it was fire and thunder, like the first time. It shouldn't be happening. He told himself the one time outside Lando's house would remain the only time. He failed. Spectacularly.

He flapped to Max because he couldn't keep it for himself. He didn't tell him they had kissed but just that he had complicated feelings for someone and Max, clever as always, pieced two and two together quickly when Fayen walked around with flushed cheeks and averted her eyes from Charles all evening.

Max hadn't judged him about it but Charles doesn't know if the Dutchman is the best man to take advice from. Except for the fact that the Red Bull driver has been in a committed relationship for a long time now, he doesn't know a lot about heartbreak and healing. And that is just the problem. Charles doesn't know if he is healed. Is he ready? And add to that uncertainty the fact of who Fayen is, it makes it all a hundred times more complicated