THIRTY THREE

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
how to look at the world

     DOOMED to remain isolated as long as Urumi still had power over the group, Kaori stayed by herself, strolling around the prison before secretly being told her suit by Chishiya and Ippei

Observing the other players happened to be the perfect occupation for her to move past all the anger after Urumi's betrayal. After all, they still didn't know who was the Jack and the whole point of this game was to lie and eliminate him.

Him because Kaori was quite certain it couldn't be any of the women still alive. Of course, the girl was open to the possibility of being wrong on that one —and she made sure to analyze everybody's moves, but she would be very surprised if the Jack was either Urumi, Satomi or Kotoko.

Urumi because her strategy was eventually going to backfire and get her killed. Kaori huffed at the thought, might be heartless but she's killed too many people willingly for me to feel sorry when she dies. Also, that bitch tried to kill me so...

Satomi was on the verge of a mental breakdown and Kaori silently watched the girl digging deeper into madness after each round.

Kotoko, on the other hand, could actually be playing a double game. In her pencil skirt and tiny heels, she looked like she could belong in a room full of game masters just to reveal she was controlling them from the beginning.

No girl fakes orgasms and doesn't allow hate to grow inside of her. Even I'd turn evil if I had to go through awful sex sessions just to please some dude with the biggest ego on the planet.

Okay, maybe Kaori had been traumatized by the moaning and slapping she had heard when walking inside the prison but her analysis seemed rational. Kaori had never seen Kotoko showing any sign of disagreement when she was by Yaba's side.

Never. Not even a glimpse of hesitation in her eyes. And Kaori was smart enough to know that even the purest soul would eventually doubt their partner. Selfishness was a part of human's nature.

On the other side of the guardroom, Kotoko could be seen walking away from Yaba and making her way downstairs.

A few seconds later, Kaori got up. Time to move, I guess. And she went downstairs, in the food court. Urumi's group was gathered at their usual table and the brunette felt Chishiya's eyes on her. She rapidly glanced at him to confirm what she was feeling and grabbed a water bottle.

With her eyes following Kotoko's every move, Kaori busied herself with filling the kettle, turning it on and making her way to the instant coffee boxes, pulling out a stick and stopping next to Kotoko, in front of all the snacks.

Kaori knew what she wanted. Those Kitkats she didn't get the chance to eat yet because Urumi's little game had ruined her appetite. But now she felt like she was onto something and she needed sugar to fuel her brain.