Chapter Six - The Sleepover

I sank into the plush, cloud-like bed of the hotel room, my escape from the hustle and bustle of the race track. The soft sheets embraced me, and I let out a contented sigh. With the after affects of the qualifiers wreaking havoc on my body, I knew it was the perfect time to pamper myself.

The room exuded luxury, from the gleaming marble bathroom to the gleaming chandeliers that cast delicate patterns on the walls. I decided to start with a long, relaxing bath. Filling the deep, inviting tub with fragrant bath salts, I let the hot water envelop me, easing away the aches and tensions of the day. The lavender-scented bubbles clung to my skin, and I closed my eyes, allowing the soothing aroma to transport me to a state of pure relaxation.

After my bath, I wrapped myself in a plush robe and moved to the sitting area by the window. A tray of decadent chocolates and a glass of chilled champagne awaited me, a welcome indulgence. As I sipped the bubbly elixir, I gazed out at the city skyline, feeling a sense of detachment from the world, cocooned in this little oasis of serenity.

As the crescent moon began to peer over the horizon, I retreated to the balcony, wrapping the dressing gown closer to my neck. The city lights began to twinkle like stars, and I savoured the tranquil moments of solitude, grateful for this escape into a world of pampering and tranquility. This feeling would dissolve tomorrow.

In this hotel room, I had discovered the art of relaxation and self-indulgence, a sweet interlude from the chaos of the life of a racing driver. It was a reminder that taking time for myself, even in a bustling city, was an essential act of self-love, a precious moment to recharge and simply chill out.

The next thing I knew I had to do was speak to my dad. The familiar ringtone echoed in my room. The screen flickered to life, and there he was, his warm smile filling the frame. As I started to talk about my day of racing, a sudden burst of giggles and tiny footsteps interrupted the conversation.

In the background, the door to my dad's room swung open, and there she was, my little sister, the unstoppable force of nature

In the background, the door to my dad's room swung open, and there she was, my little sister, the unstoppable force of nature. With her wide-eyed innocence and a grin that could melt the iciest of hearts, she popped in and out of the frame, her boundless energy impossible to contain.

"Daddy, Daddy!" She exclaimed, her voice brimming with excitement. She was like a whirlwind, twirling and twirling in the background, grabbing random toys, and creating a joyful chaos. "You better win tomorrow, Ana. Beat those Red Bulls!"

My heart thumped with pure joy. "Oh, I intend to, Evie." My eyebrows soon furrowed. "Hey, you should be asleep, little missy! It's way past your bedtime."

My sister stuck her tongue out at me through the camera. "Bedtime is for wimps!"

Dad and I shared a knowing smile as we tried to keep our conversation going. My sister, unfazed by our determination, continued her quest to be the star of the show. She presented her favorite stuffed animal to the camera, told stories of her adventures in the living room, and danced with carefree abandon.