Chapter 08; Rosalie and Alice

Lily's POV
I woke up from another nap once more to find that it was morning and I was no longer in my mother's arms....

Anxiety kicks in and the paranoia that Edward had lied about apologizing and kidnapped me from my mother's arms while I slept fills my being and I immediately start to struggle in whosever arms I'm in.

The person in question starts to bounce me in their arms and hush me with a southern drawl "Shh, it's alright lil' darlin', it's okay, it's just uncle Jasper" he coos down softly as he at me making peer up at him from were my face was buried in his pectoral.

With all my baby might I manage to utter "Jassspth" in an attempt to say his name with ends in a raspberry sputter. Nevertheless for my failed attempt earns me the reward of Jasper's rarely seen face splitting smile "That's right! Uncle Jasp!" He places a tender kiss on the top of my head and starts to scent me which I happily do in return.

Leather and sandalwood.....

After I'm done I grasp onto his shirt and lean back to look around for my mommy, but I don't want her to take me just yet. I want to bond and spend time with Jasper a few minutes longer.

Uncle Jasper magically seems to know what I want and says "Mommy and daddy went hunting with aunt Alice. They'll be back soon" I coo, satisfied with my answer and bury my face into the crook of his neck once more.

~~~meanwhile~~~
Rosalie's  POV
Emmett and I flitted through the forest side by side together as we searched for prey.

I hated leaving Lily, but after some reassurance from Jasper I left after placing a kiss on top of her head. Alice had informed us this morning that Bella would be waking up today so we were doing rotations for feeding to power up before dealing with a newborn.

Jasper had gone first with Edward, now it was our turns, and then Carlisle and Esme would go.

I wasn't really keen on Alice coming along with us since she's still hung up on Lily being my daughter and not Bella's, but Alice insisted that we go together and we were losing time over the argument. Now I had to hurry up and get back so I don't have to listen to anymore of her bull.

Unfortunately luck was not on my side as Alice leapt in front of us and effectively cut us off "You do realize what this will do to Bella when she finds out" I rolled my eyes and shoved passed her with Emmett following my lead. Except he glared at her in warning as he passed "It will destroy her, Rose we're all sisters, how could you do this to Bella?" Alice called out as she jogged after us, but was cut off by me when I whirled around to face her and snarled in her face.

"Exactly! We're all sisters! You and Bella should be happy for me and supporting me! But are you?! No! Because of your precious, fragile, and perfect Bella I'm not allowed to be happy or have a sister!" I roared in her face astonishing her "Rosalie..." she whispered, but I continued.

"When you first arrived I was so happy to be gaining a sister, but you were so wrapped up in the girl from your visions with Edward that you never once treated me like we were sisters! Then Bella comes along and now everything is about her! Everything has to be sacrificed for her happiness!" I screamed making venom tears well up in her eyes.

"Now you wanna play the sister card on me because for once I'm happy and getting everything that I ever wanted but you think it will hurt Bella? News flash! Bella has no reason to be upset because she hasn't lost anything! She still has Renesmee! Lily was ALWAYS my daughter from the moment she was conceived, mine and Emmett's blood and DNA are inside her and created her. Bella was just a surrogate!" I was shaking as Alice dry sobbed.

"It would be nice if my sister supported me through my journey through motherhood, but apparently that's asking too much of you Alice, so why don't you go crawl back to Bella's side and leave me alone" I whirled around and stormed off vaguely hearing Emmett give a warning growl and Alice whisper "Rose.... I'm sorry."

Maybe I'm wrong for going off on Alice like that, but I was at my breaking point with her. She should've realized that being a seer and all....

From the moment I found out that Carlisle was adopting her I grew excited about getting a sister. I constantly tried to spend time with her, but she was so wrapped up in the faceless visions of Edward's auburnette mate that she was too busy to bond as sisters with me.

Then suddenly Bella comes along and Alice now has all this free time for shopping, playing dress up, and sleepovers. Things that I wanted to do with her, but wasn't special or worthy enough for....

Because I'm the shallow ice queen and no one wants to be friends with me let alone sisters.

As if magically sensing my thoughts Emmett grabs my hand and stops me from walking. He cups my cheek and makes me look at him as venom tears well in my eyes. He cradled my face into his chest and I dry sob there as all the hurt from years of neglect from my so called sister overwhelms me.