"Hey, it's gonna be okay."

"I'm trying to see it from that way... but it's hard."

Kai exhaled.

"You're right... it's hard for me too."

"We're gonna call every week if we can, right?"

"I'll call you as soon as I get home from work, okay? I will battle those darn time zones any time for you."

And that made Beomgyu chuckle a little.

"Good to know."

They arrived at the front desk, and checked themselves in. Kai vouched for Beomgyu, who had a bit of trouble with the English barrier, explaining to him where to find Gate B, with the older jotting it down into his notes app.

Meanwhile, Kai's flight was in Gate C.

They passed through security effortlessly, having no difficulty with any of their bags, and made it into the main quarters of the airport.

"My flight is in twenty minutes already," Beomgyu said.

"Oh. Then... I guess this is where we part."

It fell silent between the two of them.

Kai held Beomgyu's hands in his, before pulling the older closer into a hug. Beomgyu buried his face into his neck, while Kai wrapped an arm around his shoulders, resting his chin on it. They wanted to savor the moment as much as they could.

"This is not goodbye, okay? This is until next time."

Beomgyu sighed and nodded.

"Until next time."

Knowing that people around them could see them, and insults being the last thing they wanted to deal with, Beomgyu and Kai could only share a quick peck, before the older broke free from the hug, grabbed his bags, and gave Kai one final glance.

And then, he turned around, walking towards his gate, feeling a single tear drip down his face.

Kai watched his figure disappear into the crowd, and then his vision blurred over.

Shit am I crying?

He quickly wiped his eyes, exhaling softly, before grabbing his baggage, and turned around as well to walk towards Gate C.

+x+

It was late evening when Beomgyu pulled up to the apartment complex. The sky was dark, and rain descended from the clouds.

He wordlessly heaved his luggage out of the trunk, locked the car, and walked through the rain inside the building.

An elevator ride later, and he found himself on the sixth floor.

Beomgyu exhaled sharply, and took one step after the next towards the door labeled with a 6 carved into the wood.

His hand reached into the pocket of his jacket, taking the key out, and inserting it into the keyhole, opening the door.

The strong scent of alcohol met his nose as he rolled the suitcase in, placed his bags down as well, and closed the door behind him.

"You're back."

Beomgyu's body stiffened hearing the voice.

"Yes, I am."

"You spent a lot of time away down in Busan, did you?"

"Well, yes. It was nice to see an old distant relative again."

"Ah."

A hand snaked itself around Beomgyu's waist, and his voice was right next to his ear, breath fanning over his skin.

"But you know that you belong here. With me."

A gulp slid down his throat.

"Yes I know..."

... Ahnjong."

—+x+—

A/N: Plot twist.

Bet y'all didn't expect that did you?

But that is officially the end of Snow Blossom, part one!! It's been nearly two months since I started publishing this book and I'm so glad that I managed to get through with it till the end of the first part and didn't abruptly put it on hiatus in the middle of all the drama cuz my stupid brain thinks I'm a bad writer 💀

However, now that part one has been completed, this book will be going on a short break (can't specify how long sadly) so that I can work on part 2 in peace, because it's gonna be full of exciting (or not) twists and turns, so enjoy the time you can to prepare yourselves.

Thank you so much for reading up until now, and for the 600+ reads, 50+ votes and 200+ comments 💛🫶✨