Chapter 1: Welcome to beach city

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "Ehhh?!"

Maria: "Now we can finally have a nice relaxing life. I know just the place, it was special to your father"

(Flashback end)

Y/n: (Next thing I knew we started packing and moved here. This sucks...) flopping onto his back (I would say I was leaving my friends behind if I had any, but then again I can't say I enjoy other peoples company that much)

Closing his eyes he simply listens to the sounds of waves and general sounds of the ocean. That is until he hears footsteps on the sand approaching him getting louder before stopping. A voice then speaks out to him. 

???: "Hello, I'm Steven Universe"

Sitting up he opens his eyes seeing a young boy with a with a thick, stocky build. Fair skin, curly dark brown hair, dark brown eyebrows, and full black irises. He seems to be wearing basic blue jeans rolled up at the bottoms, sandals, along with a salmon-pink shirt with a yellow star in the center. 

Y/n: "Um Hello?"

Y/n: "Um Hello?"

Steven: "Haven't seen you before are you new to beach city?"

Y/n: "Mhm"

Steven: "I can show you around if you'd like. I know every part of the boardwalk like the back of my hand." he proudly says with a smile

Y/n: "I... Appreciate the offer but no thanks" his eyes move to the horizon "I think I'll be okay"

Steven: "Oh, okay. So... why did you decide to move here?"

Y/n: Letting out a deep sigh "No clue... My mom wanted to move here, said it was special to my dad for some reason"

Steven: "Well beach city is pretty great. I mean the people alone and enough to visit. There's Sadie, Lars, Jamie, My dad who runs the car wash and the Gems!"

Y/n: "Hm? Did you say gems?" he asked confused

Steven: "Yeah the crystal gems, I'm a member but I still have a lot to learn"

Y/n: "Huh" (Must be some kind of game or friend group maybe?) "Well uh, Steven I think I should get going" 

Y/n stood up patting the sand off his clothes 

Y/n: "It was... nice meeting you"

Steven: "Nice meeting you too. I hope you enjoy it here, I don't think I got your name"

Y/n: "It's Y/n"

Steven: "Alright then Y/n until we meet again, maybe next time I can introduce you to the gems"

Y/n: "Yeah, maybe... Later"

Waving goodbye Y/n heads back home seeing a large van and movers leaving his house. Entering he saw many boxes and disassembled furniture around the place.

Y/n: "Mom, I'm back"

Maria: "I'm in here!" she calls out form a room 

Heading to where his mother is he sees a room with all of his things unpacked and put away. 

Maria: "Well what do you think?"

Y/n: "Did you really start on my room first?"

Maria: "Well I thought maybe a familiar setting can help you adjust, you've been kind quiet since we started the move"

Walking over to a desk chair he sits down. 

Y/n: "I'm always quiet. Can I ask you something?"

Maria: "What is it?"

Y/n: "Why was this place special to dad? I mean did you guys meet here or something?"

Maria: "No nothing that sappy. He said this place was special because he had family here, I never really asked much" she approached her son looking down at his shirt before unbuttoning a few buttons showing the black object in the center of it making her smile "You should really show this off more, makes you look like your father"

Y/n: rolling his eyes "It's weird mom, not like anyone normally has a... thing in their chest"

Maria: "C'mon now Y/n your not weird it's special. It's what drew me to your father and for the record he called a Gem, not a thing"

Y/n: "Gem?" (That boy said that that he knew some Gems and father had family here. Are those Crystal gems my dads family?)

Maria: "Y/n you okay?"

Y/n: "Huh what, yeah"

Maria: "Hmm well alright. Tomorrow I'm gonna go shopping, you wanna come?"

Y/n: "If it's the same with you mom I think i'll stay here and look around town some more" (Maybe I can ask Steven about these Gems?)

Maria: "Alright then, for now help me unpack everything else we still have lots of things to set up"

Y/n: "Okay" he spoke with a groan

Maria: "What if we sing while we do it like I did when you were younger and we cleaned up" she clears her throat "Ahem. ♩It's a hard knock life~♩"

Y/n: "Please no!" he quickly says with an embarrassed blush

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

An: Here we are first chapter just a small intro of what I have in mind for this story. Small vote now, do you want this to start at Gem Glow or a little bit after. If we go with the second option I will do an original chapter all about Y/n meeting the Gems, otherwise we'll be sticking close to cannon for the time being. I leave that up to you lovely people. 

Ps. This is gonna be a very small side project for when I get writers block or burn out while working on my other fanfics so updates may be slow deepening on how I'm feeling.