Chapter 9

Standing in front of the Serrano Company wearing a black dress and high heels. My long, dark hair falls to my shoulders and an accessorized with earrings. My waist is cinched in by the belt of my dress, which flares out at the bottom into an A-line skirt. In one hand I hold a white purse with a chain strap, while my other arm hangs loosely at my side.

Tinitigan ko ang building nasa aking harapan. This was the first time I had seen this Serrano building in my entire life. I couldn't help but feel a sense of apprehension as I stood before the imposing Serrano Company building. It was a place that had been absent from my life until now, a symbol of the family business that had been largely hidden from me.

My attire was carefully chosen for this occasion, a black dress and high heels that exuded an air of sophistication. Every detail, from the cinched waist to the A-line skirt, had been meticulously considered. I wanted to make a statement, to convey that I was ready to step into this new chapter of my life.

My dark hair cascaded over my shoulders, and the subtle glint of earrings added a touch of elegance. In one hand, I held a white purse with a chain strap, a practical yet stylish accessory. My other arm hung loosely at my side, a reflection of my attempt to maintain composure despite the swirling emotions within me.

Huminga ako ng malalim at taas-noong pumasok sa building. Pagpasok ko pa lang ay agad akong sinalubong ng kaunting empleyado. Ang iba sa kanila ay napatingin sa akin na may pagtataka at paghanga sa kanilang mga mukha. Dumaan ako sa harap ng receptionist at agad akong binati. Ngumiti ako sa kanya at tinungo ang elevator.

May dalawa silang elevator which means for the boss and employees. Pinili ko ang for employees at pumasok. May nakasabay ako tila may kukunin lang sa itaas. I can feel their glances at me and ang curiosity nila. With every floor that passed, my heart seemed to beat a little faster, a nagging sense of uncertainty gnawing at me.

The elevator doors finally opened to the floor I needed, and I stepped out. Agad akong sinalubong ng isang babae and with her outfit, I can say that she's the secretary.

"Good evening, ma'am! Are you Margaret Lacson?" she asked, with a tone of respect yet I can sense her masungit voice.

I just stared at her and nodded. " Yes. I'm Ka— Margaret Lacson."

She nodded. "Mr. Serrano already waiting for you in his office."

She guided me to my father's office. Hindi ko mapigilang kabahan at mag-alala sa anumang kalalabasan nito. I will meet the Azcárraga Clan and that means, I will meet Rome Benjamin Azcárraga again. We already tackled the deal between us and ngayon kasama na ang dalawang angkan. I can feel the heavy steps of my high heels. With each step, it seemed to convey the lingering tension that enveloped my body.

The secretary opened the door to my father's office, revealing a spacious room adorned with luxurious furnishings. The air was thick with an atmosphere of power and authority. Sa harap ng malaking desk ay nakaupo ang aking ama, Antonio Serrano, a man known for his shrewd business acumen and unwavering dedication to the Serrano family legacy.

But, ito ba ang sinabi ni Rome na Serrano Company was facing bankruptcy? Parang hindi. He was so calm and serious. Or maybe, because his problem will be solved after this meeting.

He glanced up from his work, with his stern expression. I could tell that he was dressed for this important meeting, his suit tailored to perfection, and his demeanor exuding authority.

Napailing na lang ako ng palihim. I roamed my eyes when I saw nothing but only my father's presence.

"Margaret," he greeted, his voice carrying a tone of formality. "Please, come in."