Ridding the monster

"Red come down here right now!"

I groaned, rolling over in my bed. The scent of my sisters herbal poison floated up from within the old floorboards.

"Ugh,she's already started making that herbal crap, huh? I yawned rolling out of my bed. I felt a stinging pain on my cheek. Touching it, I discovered warm red blood.

"Ouch! Aw shit, not again!" The knifes I kept under my pillow had manged to leave a cut on my right cheek....the third one this week.

"Damn..I need to find a better place to keep these things." I went into the bathroom and washed the  blood off my face. looking into the mirror, I saw my usual bright orange eyes gleam back at me. My dark red hair was sticking out in all directions and my teeth was coated in last night bacteria. I leaned down into the sink basin to wash my face. looking back up, my reflection was still smiling at me. The mirror me had sharp white teeth dripping with blood, eyes that burned a bright yellow and hair that stuck straight up in the air. I gasped as the mirror me reached his hand out and grasped my neck.

"When will you let me out?" he grinned "I want to be free of this caged hell and eat to my hearts content!" He laughed evilly as I struggled to breathe. I blinked and the mirror me was gone. Staring in the mirror, I saw the bright red phantom marks left by him on my neck.

"Shit, I need to hurry up and find that Wolf" I coughed blood into the sink and struggled to breathe.

"Red, come on I don't have all day!" my sister voice brought me back to reality. I rushed brushing my teeth and flew downstairs. "Yo sis! whats up-gag!" I cried as she forced a spoonful of the green goop into my mouth.

"Its about time you showed up,idiot!" My sister slapped my head "You know we can't risk that thing in you attacking our village" She stuffed bottles of the medicine in my pack. I went behind her, wrapping my hands around her waist. "I will be back soon..I promise." I smiled down at her.

She grasped my hand. "You better come back alive..or I will kill you!" She sniffed away the tears and frowned up at me. I loved my little sister, that is why I was setting out to the wolfs domain today. My sister deserved to find someone to love, live a happy beautiful life. Not take care of her brothers monster. She had always been there for me, the least I could do was rid her of a huge burden.

"Well, I'm off. Take care of yourself..and find yourself a boyfriend!" I teasingly ruffled her hair before leaving  "You idiot, I'm to busy taking care of you to think about those things!" She shouted after me.

"yeah, I'll fix that right now" I whispered.

The further I walked into wolf territory, the more the wolf inside me moved around. "Ah, I can smell our brothers and sisters!" I could feel him scratch at me. I grimaced as I swallowed down a large gulp of my sisters herbal drink.

"Listen Red ...that can't work on me forever" the pain in my stomach caused me to fold over from pain. "as we get closer to the king..you will begin to lose yourself more and more and I will grow stronger!" His laugh echoed throughout my entire body.

"Ugh, shut the fuck up" I hissed pulling up my black and red cloak.  Finally after miles of walking, I arrived at the forest of wolves.

The men and women living there were covered in fur, there wolf features showing on there human faces. The children were covered in fur, a few with blood soaked fur ran by me. I shield my noise from inhaling the disgustingly beautiful smell of fresh blood. I walked past the stares of the people, ignoring those who decided to follow behind. At last I found the leaders tent heavily guarded by strong men.

"Ah, Red you finally returned to me after all these years?" I shuddered at the sound of his voice. The leader stepped out of the tent, I looked up at him. As always, he was stunningly beautiful. His body was cut and slim with many mussels. Short cut brown hair with blonde highlights and burning bright green eyes. He looked down at me and smiled warmly. "How has my little Red been doing all these years?" He pet my head. I wanted desperately to swat his hand away but the wolf in me forced me still. "Hmm, I see the wolf I implanted is doing well.." I growled at him digging, my hands into the dirt.