Beomgyu stilled for a moment.

He's asking me for my consent and if I'm okay with it... that was never the case with him, I always was forced by him unless I wanted to face a consequence. Kai... you really are nothing like him, you're special.

He truly wasn't used to all this kindness, but Kai was making him see it again.

Besides, the latter wasn't going to deny the fact he'd love to swim again.

"I appreciate your concern, but I promise I'm fine. Let's do it," Beomgyu smiled.

"You sure?" Kai asked.

He nodded.

"100%."

"Alright then."

A small smile crossed Kai's features.

"Should we do it tonight then?"

"Sure, why not?"

+x+

🎶: 'Wildest Dreams' by Taylor Swift

It was late evening once more.

Everything, from the house to the lush green trees, the bushes, and the wild flowers around them, was soaked in the setting sunlight.

The coarse and grainy yet cooled sand glowed gold.

In the distance, the vast and majestic ocean glittered as the pulsating sun began coming closer and closer to it.

A few seagulls flew over the sky, contrasting with the vibrant colors due to the sun casting shadows on them.

A slight breeze blew through the forest, bringing clean and fresh air to mark something.

Something nobody knew yet, but will soon enough.

Beomgyu watched all of that as he waited for Kai. The wind blew grains of sand into his face, so he closed his eyes, feeling the gusts of air ripple through his hair and his clothes.

As always, the air smelled so delicious and fresh.

"Ready to go?"

The brunette opened his eyes and turned around to meet Kai's gaze.

He could feel his breath hitch in his chest.

It was one of the many instances where he felt himself being hypnotized by how... dashing and gorgeous Kai was.

His black hair was slightly wavy and curled around the sides of his face, highlighting the tall nose, high cheekbones, deep warm eyes, thin lips and his distinct facial features.

And even the clothes he wore, a black-beige mesh sweater with a white top underneath, hugged his tall frame so well.

In short, Beomgyu couldn't believe life had graced him with Kai's magnificent presence.

"You won't be cold with that, right?" he pointed at his shorts.

Kai shook his head.

"I happen to deal well with temperatures."

"Don't be too confident; the water is colder than it seems at night."

"It's fine. If it gets too cold, we can leave."

"Okay."

And then, something unexpected happened. Kai reached his hand out to Beomgyu.

"May I?"