The Spanish Lesson From Hell

As my scary form/Spanish teacher has gone on maternity leave, we have been left in the... 'Capable' hands of a woman. Let me explain the most irritating and fruitless hour of my life.

We arrived at class with a few stragglers ambling on. We all sat down, the polite ones saying "hello, miss". The teacher tried to get us to calm down. She couldn't. After ten minutes of chatter, the teacher decided to write names. I sit near the front. She asked me to write the names. I began to write someone's name, making many errors (she's not someone I talk to much). The girl who's name was being written got up, knocked the pen out of my hand and rubbed her name off. I calmly picked up the pen and wrote her name, ignoring all the cries of 'snitch!' And 'snake!' I was told to sit down after the second interruption.

We were given our work and... No one knew what to do. Literally. Not one soul. Some of us had an idea, but no one actually knew. Not even the teacher. Eventually, we got through some of the work.

The period towards the end if the lesson was a bit of a blur. One girl kept wanting to get out of the classroom. Another few were defying the teacher and swearing. The majority were shouting. Throughout all of this noise, I was somehow oblivious. I was probably focused on my Spanish work.

One of our School Council reps took her phone out (why?). The teacher saw and thought she was filming. She was yelling about how it's illegal and that she was going to report her. At this point, the girl who wanted to leave had an athsma (?) attack. Everyone panicked. I can't remember what happened but an SLT did come in and control us.

At the end of the lesson, I collected in the booklets. I was trying to put them in our cupboard and dropped them.