Chapter 5 - You Can Only Choose One

Start from the beginning

"Oh," was all I could manage to say.

"Yeah.." he said feeling slightly awkward, I'm sure my reaction wasn't one he was hoping for.

"So how come you always shout at me then?" I had to ask this, you don't shout at someone you supposedly like.

"I knew a girl like you wouldn't like a guy like me so I tried to push you away, so it would be easier to get rid of these feelings but it's too hard.."

"A girl like me?"

"Yeah you know, you're so innocent and nice and I'm just an asshole." That's true, I know Alex can be a nice guy but he's always been an asshole towards me.

"You can be an asshole but when you're a nice guy I really like hanging around with you," I smiled. I saw a small smile appear on his face but it suddenly disappear before he spoke.

"But jack likes you too," he admitted. Both of them like me? I've never attracted any guys attention before but all of a sudden I change to public school and I have two guys that like me, wow I'm really not used to all of this and I'm not sure how to handle a situation like this.

"Really?" I couldn't help but smile because Jack is such a lovely guy but he's my bestfriend, I couldn't go there. I don't think Alex liked it when I smiled because he groaned loudly.

"I knew it! I knew if I told you that, you'd go for him, Jack always gets the girls I like!" He then stood up angrily and began to walk away before I could even get any words out of my mouth. Feeling slightly annoyed, I quickly jumped up and caught up with him, he never let me talk.

"Stop walking away, you never let me talk!" I shouted.

"It's obvious from that smile that I know what you're going to say," he assumed.

"Can I please talk?" I asked impatiently. He just sighed and nodded. "First, you need to control your anger, you can't always kick off when something doesn't go your way," I explained, he just rolled his eyes at me. "And secondly.. I like you in that way more that I do Jack, he's my bestfriend, it wouldn't feel right liking him like that." It took awhile for Alex to realise what I explained and then he actually smiled a genuine smile; he's got a lovely smile.

"You like me?" He asked, not believing what came out of my mouth.

"If I'm honest I never really thought of you in that way but I've always found you very attractive," what am I doing? I'm never so forward like this. Alex's face lit up and I've never seen him smile this much before.

"So what now?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"Just see how things go I guess, nothing's set in stone but I'd like to see if anything could happen."

"So would I," he smiled. I personally didn't think Alex was a relationship kind of guy, I know he dated Lisa but they were only in it for popularity and sex, I always thought Alex liked being single so he could do whatever he liked, I guess I was wrong. I'd never seen this soft side of Alex, I've seen the nice and asshole side of him but never the soft side.

"Let's go inside now, yeah?" He suggested as we were just both standing outside in the cold.

"Yeah, I'm getting pretty chilly now." I forgot to grab a jacket before I came outside. Alex went to grab my hand but pulled himself back before he could because he didn't think I would want that, it made me smile to think Alex is actually such a gentleman when he wants to be. I just chucked at him and grabbed his hand, what's with all of this confidence I have all of a sudden?

"Sorry, I didn't think you wanted to.." He shrugged awkwardly but he was still smiling.

"Alex, if I'm not comfortable I'll tell you but please don't hold back." I know Alex is very different to me but I don't want him to change.