"Fiesty over your coffees now Mona?" Sam asked amused.

"Absolutely." The girls made small talk until their food and drinks arrived. As they savoured the first sips of their coffee and took bites of their pastries, Sam couldn't help but feel a rush of nervous excitement. She had been eager to share something important with Monica, something she had kept hidden for a while. Taking a deep breath, she set her cup down and looked into Monica's eyes.

"Monica," Sam began, her voice filled with sincerity, "there's something I've been wanting to tell you. I invited you here today because I needed to be honest with you."

Monica's brow furrowed with curiosity, her gaze fixed on Sam. "What's up Sammy?" she asked, her concern evident in her eyes.

Sam hesitated for a moment, trying to find the right words. "Well, Monica," she started, "I've realized something quite important. You see, you are one of the most amazing people I've ever met."

Monica's cheeks flushed with surprise and a hint of embarrassment. "Oh, Sammy, you're too kind. I mean, we've been great friends for a while, but..."

Sam held up a hand, stopping Monica's words. "No, please let me finish. I need to say this," she insisted. "You are incredible, Monica. You're kind, compassionate, and talented. You're passionate about your career and your family and friends, and your dedication is inspiring. I admire you so much."

Monica's heart swelled with a mixture of emotions. She had always valued her friendship with Sam, and hearing these words from her dear friend touched her deeply. "Sam, I don't know what to say," she admitted, her voice filled with warmth and gratitude.

Sam continued, her voice gaining a hint of nervousness, "But there's more, Monica. I've come to realize that my feelings for you go beyond friendship. I've caught romantic feelings for you." She took a deep breath, her gaze unwavering. "I wanted to be honest about this, even if it makes things a bit complicated."

Monica's eyes widened, but instead of surprise, a soft smile formed on her lips. "Sam," she said, "I feel the same way. You mean the world to me, and I realised that my feelings for you were more than just friendship."

Sam's eyes widened, her surprise and relief evident. "Monica, you're not just saying that, are you?"

Monica reached across the table, her hand gently covering Sam's. "No, Sammy, I'm not just saying it. I've liked you for a long time, and I've been afraid to admit it too. You mean everything to me"

Tears of joy welled up in Sam's eyes as she squeezed Monica's hand. "This is incredible," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "I never expected this to go so well." The two shared a light laugh almost unsure of what to do next as they both continue to eat their food and sip on their drinks.

Monica was the first to break the silence. "So, Sam, where are we going with this? Not to like push you or anything but I don't want anything to be awkward between us."

"We can take it as fast or as slow as you want Moni. We can just go out as us for a little while and see where life takes us."

"That sounds nice." Monica's smile only got bigger with her words.

"Perfect." The two girls finished up and left the cafe together to wander the midday streets of Melbourne. 

Sam was quick to lace her fingers with Monica's as they walked away from the cafe. Once again a pink blush spread it self onto Monica's cheeks. They just walked for a solid half hour chatting about works and upcoming campaigns, just life in general. This was all so natural for them.

When 12:30 came around it was time for Monica to say good bye to her lover. They exchanged a lengthy hug just as they had done previously but this time felt more secure.

"When will I see you again?" Sam asked the singer.

"I'll be at your game with Denmark, Ellie always gets me tickets now."

"And you'll be wearing my jersey this time?" Sam suggested cheekily.

"Absolutely." With one last hug that seemed to go on forever the two departed from each other, both of them with a toothy smile on their faces and dusting of pink on their cheeks.

" With one last hug that seemed to go on forever the two departed from each other, both of them with a toothy smile on their faces and dusting of pink on their cheeks

Word Count: 1325 words

Ok so I finally got them together!!!! (sorta) I wasn't sure how I was going to do it but I did it and im happy with it. Enjoy guys.

- Jade