Chapter Six | 六

"Ha! Draw another five cards, Hero," Mizuki taunts with a playful smirk as she slaps another draw-five card on the small bedside table. All Might groans in frustration, this being the fourth time Mizuki has done this to him: The ultimate betrayal.

            "You're better at this than I expected, Mizuki. I really don't know how you do it." Mizuki giggles as she sips on a steaming cup of herbal tea. "Investments." "Investments?" He snorts, eyebrows raised in disbelief as Mizuki snickers and slaps another draw-five card down. "That's right, Hero. Investments." She bites her bottom lip as a smug smirk crosses them, capturing the hero's attention. Not that this is the first time. "Now I know you're cheating." "Me? Cheating? Why, I could never do such an unspeakable thing!" Mizuki defends with a drawn-out southern accent, eliciting a deep chuckle from All Might. His electric blue eyes study the young woman's beauty, from her pale skin to her crystal blue eyes, all the way to her pretty pink lips that look so soft and kissable. Perhaps the seasoned hero is becoming too smitten with the lovely young lady. Who knows? Maybe the two of them have more in common than initially thought—Though, much thought wasn't put into their meeting and spending so much time together. But it's not an unwanted friendship. In fact, it's more wanted than anyone could have possibly imagined.

            "You're a strange one, Sweetness. But I think that adds to your charm." "I'm charming now? This day couldn't get any better." Mizuki blushes and smiles softly before returning her gaze to their game, too nervous to maintain eye contact with the hero. "Yeah? You're adorable too." "Now I know you're on something. Did you sneak an extra spice into your tea while I wasn't looking?" All Might lets out a boisterous laugh as he holds his side, finding the woman to be rather amusing, along with genuine and sweet. "Witty too? Wow, sweet girl, you caught me." "All these pet names are gonna make me swoon, Hero. There's only so much "charm repellent" I can use on a person like you." Mizuki's charming personality brings a genuine smile to All Might's lips—Something not many people can do. The best part about it? All Might is genuinely happy for once.

            "How could you possibly resist a charming man like me? I'm All Might, HAHA!" Mizuki struggles to contain her laughter, along with a flustered blush that begins spreading across her pale cheeks. "Oh, come on! You have to laugh at that, sweetness. That was pretty funny." He smirks playfully as he pokes her uninjured side, allowing the laughter she was attempting to contain break free. "Get out of here with your dad jokes, All Might." She giggles and places another draw-five card on the table, causing All Might's smile to drop before he lets out a dramatic sigh. "Get out of here with your draw-five cards, Mizuki." "You're such a sore loser, bud. Lighten up, yeah? It's just a game~" "Don't mock me with your good sportsmanship, little UNO master." Mizuki bursts into laughter, holding her aching side as she tries and fails to catch her breath. "I know you're hiding some extra cards under that blanket of yours." "Oh please! You're just sour because I'm sweet!" "What does that even mean?!" "I don't know!" The duo can't control their laughter anymore as the playful atmosphere overwhelms them—In a good way, of course.

            They continue to laugh for what seems like an eternity before someone knocks on the door. "I think we're in trouble." "Shhh. Don't jinx it." Mizuki giggles and blushes as All Might playfully winks at her. "Come in!" As if on cue, in steps a beautiful nurse who looks as if she could be a model. "Sorry to interrupt your little...game. I'm just here to rewrap your wounds, Ms Kori." The nurse smiles bitterly at Mizuki, who shrinks back in response. All Might seems to notice this, but he doesn't want to cause a scene and possibly embarrass anyone—Especially Mizuki. "O-okay. Uhm, do you want me to stand up?" The nurse gives Mizuki a look as if to say, "Obviously." "R-right." She clears her throat before pushing the thin blanket off her lap and swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. "Easy, Mizuki. Don't push yourself." The playfulness in All Might's voice is quickly replaced with concern as he places a gentle hand on the small of her back. "Thank you." She smiles nervously as she uses his arm to steady herself while standing. The nurse clears her throat and grabs some scissors before cutting Mizuki's old bandages rather roughly.

            "So, are you two related? I didn't know All Might had a daughter." Mizuki chokes on her spit as All Might coughs into his fist. "T-there is absolutely no resemblance between us." "We're not related." "Oh! My apologies, then. You two just seem...close." The hero and the young woman share a quick glance before returning their gaze to the nurse who's wrapping Mizuki's wound a little too tightly. "So does that mean you're dating?" "N-no!" "Of course not!" "Oh, okay." The nurse seems elated to discover the hero and the young woman's relationship is not the romantic type. "Well, I'm all finished with your wrapping, Ms Kori." The nurse tosses the trash in a bin before slipping a piece of paper into All Might's hand. "Call me if you need anything else~" And with that, the nurse leaves Mizuki and All Might to bask in the awkward silence. But the tension doesn't last long as Mizuki hisses in discomfort.

            "Too tight?" "Way too tight... I feel like I'm suffocating." All Might's expression softens as he tosses the note in the bin before moving to assist Mizuki. "May I?" Mizuki nods, and before she knows it, All Might has already wrapped her wound perfectly. His large yet gentle hands send electric jolts throughout her body, causing her to shiver in delight. This, of course, doesn't slip past the hero's keen sight—Though he's not mad, instead delighted he's able to make the sweet woman become a flustered mess. "That's much better. Thank you." "It's the least I could do, seeing as that nurse was only acting that way because of me." Mizuki shakes her head as she resumes her comfortable position on the hospital bed. "Don't blame yourself, Hero. Women do crazy things when they're horny." She immediately facepalms and groans as All Might chuckles and pats her head. "I suppose you're right, sweetness. I guess that's why you're not acting like a madwoman?" "Oh, buzz off, you annoying little fly." The hero doesn't bother to contain his laughter as the young woman hides her face beneath the thin blanket. He gently pulls said blanket down to reveal Mizuki's flustered expression.

            "Don't hide that pretty little face of yours, sweetness. I like seeing you blush." "Don't make this weird, Hero." "You're the one who made it weird, pretty woman." Mizuki playfully scoffs before tossing a draw-five card at All Might. The hero catches the card and deadpans as he slowly stands from his seat. "Don't do anything rash, okay, Hero? I can't run, so it's not a fair fight." "Who said anything about fighting?" "Uh-oh."

            Deep within the city, there's a small, rundown bar where shady businessmen go to unwind and make deals. Sitting at the bar is a man who holds a photo between his thumb and index finger—A photo one of his watchers took. "Your reward is on the table. And if you get more info, the next one will be twice as much." "I like the sound of that." The large man grins, his rough accent more pronounced than usual. "I'm sure you do," The leader mumbles sarcastically before sipping on his scotch. 'Soon, my little angel~ We will meet again.' He hums in satisfaction at the burning sensation that runs down his throat. But his attention is quickly drawn away from his drink to the back door as another watcher slips inside. She walks over to the bar and sits on the stool beside his with an exhausted sigh. Her tired eyes slowly move across the photo in her leader's hand, but she does well to hide any emotions she's possibly experiencing.

            "So that's the girl you've been obsessing over? Interesting." "Heh... How's your task working out?" The man questions as his watcher takes a swig of his drink. Her face scrunches up in disgust before she clears her throat. "It's working." She sighs and lays her head against the bar. "Just not fast enough." "I see... Who is this "special" assigned person, by the way? You still haven't told me." "We've been through this already—I can't tell you." He huffs and finishes the last of his scotch before heading towards the back door. "I don't understand why you took a job from someone else, anyway. I have plenty of work you could do." "More money," She mumbles while waving her hand dismissively. The man merely shrugs on his coat before leaving.

 The man merely shrugs on his coat before leaving