Chapter 8

Karma rang the doorbell and waited for someone to come out, he tapped his foot nervously, and his palms were clammy. He was nervous to meet his father, but excited at the same time. Finally after years of not seeing his father, he can now talk to him again.

An old maid came out of the house and went to the gates where Karma stood waiting. "Can I help you?" She asked studying him. Karma gave her a friendly wave "Good afternoon ma'am, hi uh, may I speak with Attorney Kazuhiko Akabane?" He said with a smile. The old maid looked at him suspiciously "I'm sorry but he doesn't accept clients at his house, I suggest you make an appointment at his office if you want to meet-"

"Oh, no! I'm not a client" Karma interrupts. "Just tell him I really need to talk to him, it's important"

"Who are you?" The maid asked

"Tell him it's Karma asking for him"

[Meanwhile with Gakushuu]

The boy kept glancing over at the empty seat beside him. In the backseat, Goldie lay sleeping. "It's quiet" Gakushuu told himself. "Too quiet" he began imagining Karma was back in the car with him, teasing him and tickling him. He found himself laughing out loud and smiling fondly as he remembered the short time he spent with the red haired boy. "This is making me miss him even more" he said

[Back with Karma]

"Er, he said he doesn't know anyone named Karma" the old maid reported. Karma's confidence was fading quick, but he tried to remain optimistic. It's not like Karma was a common name, and it's not like his father stuck around much in his life to remember him anyway. "Karma Akabane ma'am, tell him it's his son"

The old maid looked conflicted, but nevertheless she nodded and went back inside, throwing him one more look over her shoulder before disappearing behind the door.

[With Gakushuu]

"Ok I'll admit, I miss him. I miss him a lot and it's really annoying" Gakushuu conversed with himself. "Maybe if I told him then I wouldn't be feeling this way? What do you think Goldie?" He looked at the chicken in the backseat, sleeping peacefully.

"Nevermind, I'll just text him" he said, before realization hits. "Shit you're right! I didn't get his number, Goldie did you get his number?" No reply from the chicken. "Ah, rats" Gakushuu sighed

[Back with Karma]

"I'm terribly sorry young man but Mr. Akabane is busy at the moment so he can't meet you" the maid said sympathetically. "Maybe it's best if you just-"

"Tell him it's Karma" Karma repeated strongly. "His son. His son with Akane, please ma'am"

The old maid looked even more sorry than before. But she still indulged him and went back inside. Karma leaned against the gate, feeling tears prick his eyes but he was quick to wipe them away. He had to stay hopeful, he couldn't lose faith in his dad.

[With Gakushuu]

"Maybe I should go back, what do you think Goldie?" He asked the sleeping chicken. "But isn't that embarrassing?" Still no reply from the animal. Gakushuu chuckled "Alright, I'll go back for Karma"

The boy turned the car around and floored it, his excitement to see Karma again spiking up.

[Back with Karma]