1

୨⎯ "𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐒"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

"Hello?" Lynn groans into her phone, the 3 missed calls from rafe Cameron having woken her up. On the one day, Rory hadn't got up at 5 am. "Wow you sound very happy" the voice sarcastically says into the phone.

rafe was in his car that his daddy had bought, his fingers impatiently tapping on the steering wheel to the beat of the radio whilst he waited. "You woke me up" she mumbles into the speaker as she gets up out of bed. "Cute, well I've been waiting out here for..." rafe says, longing the last word as he checks the time on his watch. "20 minutes, I wanna see my kid"

rafe liked to see Rory as much as he could, most times it was taking her to the country club letting all the girls in short tennis skirts fawn over him and the child. "Fine yeah, hold on," Lynn says peering at the baby who is still sleeping all curled up in her bassinet.

Life was hard for Lynnette after she saw the two lines on the test but when she held her baby in her arms for the first time, she knew everything would be okay.

The blonde finally looks in the mirror, wearing a worn-out grey jumper that she used to wear when she would sneak out into rafes car at 2 in the morning, the memories flooding back. Her reflection just pointed out every flaw she had since welcoming her daughter to the world, her once big magnetic blue eyes now dull and covered in lashes barely stuck on, grey eye bags, and day-old eyeshadow.

A sigh escaped her lips as she turned to the side, obsessing over how big her waist was now, and the purple stretchmarks that painted her whole stomach. She bites her inside cheek as she closes her eyes trying not to cry at her new body, now isn't the time. Rafe was waiting.

In the car, rafe rolls his eyes as he realises it has been yet another 2 minutes, the clock on his watch ticking whilst his eyes stay glaring at the door of the white-picket-fence house. It opens leaving a tired girl on the porch staring right back at him, waiting for him to come in.

A slam of the car as he leaves, strutting over to the home acting like he owns it. "Hey, Mama" rafe calls with a cocky smirk, "don't, not right now" Lynnette grumbles as she lets her hand run through her messy blonde bed hair.

"Someone get up out of the wrong side of the bed?" he teases before walking inside, Lynn's head shaking as a loud huff comes out.

"Be quiet, she's sleeping" Lynnette tells him as they walk up the extravagant staircase, her button nose inhaling in his powerful cologne that was half the reason she liked him back then. "I know what to do with my kid, alright?" rafe whispers back reassuringly as he opens up Lynn's bedroom door, feeling weird that this time she wasn't red in the face following behind him eager to get undressed.

"I'm gonna make a coffee, you want one?" she asks reluctantly, not wanting to have to make a drink the way rafe likes which consists of several annoyingly extra steps, he really was 'the kook prince.'

Rafe shakes his head from side to side, sitting on Lynn's bed just lovingly gazing at his sleeping girl.

Whilst she was making her daily dose of caffeine to get her through the day with a 5-month-old, rafe was on the floor above when he noticed the baby's ocean eyes finally staring back up at him. "Oh hey, princess" the Cameron boy coos as he picks her up, obsessing over the way she melts her tiny body into him.

Rafe decides to dress her, immediately heading towards Rory's wardrobe, choosing a white romper covered in a beautiful vintage floral-looking pattern. "Okay let's put this on" he says out loud as if to talk himself into it. "So this bit goes in here...and so where does this go?"

The boy stood frozen as he tried to figure out just exactly how to dress her, he could do the onesies and diapers but this just didn't make sense, where was the rest of the baby meant to go? Suddenly Lynnette comes back holding a piping hot mug as rafe stands there with Rory's leg inside the arm hole and the other in the place meant for a head.

A laugh leaves her lips, unable to hold it in. "You want some help..?" Lynn asks trying to control herself. "No I can do it" rafe says determinedly. She shrugs and sits opposite rafe, his face contorted as he attempts the task she does daily.

He got there after an embarrassingly long amount of time, a noise of relief leaving his lips."Your dad of the year" Lynnette comments jokingly, her coffee now gone. "Why thank you" he answers with a deeply sarcastic tone. "I like to think I am" he jokes back, sitting down next to her and spotting the slight smile on her lips.

The two sit in silence other than the babbles of their child, both their minds filling with the sense of how natural the moment felt, though she was in an old hoodie, a completely new body and unbrushed hair, it all just was right.

Unexpectedly a loud buzz of a phone pierced through both ears breaking them out of the quiet.

"I gotta go," rafe says reading the message, sounding sadder than his usual overconfident self, the text must have meant something serious. "Okay yeah, are you coming back?" Lynnette questions nonchalantly attempting to not sound like she wants him to stay. To keep playing the role of a real family for just a second longer.

"Mhm maybe, if I can't I'll get Rory tomorrow night so you can have a night off, yeah?" rafe speaks softly, a hand on her knee as he awaits a reply. "Okay," she responds, knowing inside that it wouldn't be the same as how it is in moments like it now.

"Hopefully next time you can see Rory for longer than half an hour" Lynn teases as he gets up, both understanding she was saying what she feels, the truth. "Yeah, I just have a lot going on" he tries to excuse himself, looking in the same mirror and quickly wiping the white powder he hadn't realised was visible from under his nose.

"Bye"

"Bye pretty girl"