"I'm sorry Pope." I say genuinely.

"It doesn't matter." he shrugs.

"You don't have to pretend to like him after everything he's done, but he's changed." I say.

Pope looks to the side and then looks at me and raises his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Has he?" he says.

"What?" I ask.

He points his head into another direction to show me what he was looking at. The Cameron family walk into the venue one by one as we watch.

Ward, Rose and Wheezie together, then Sarah and John B. And finally, Rafe and a random girl.

My heart instantly drops.

"Damn, that's gotta hurt." Pope comments.

I scoff in disbelief, still watching Rafe hand in hand with another girl.

"Hey, I can cover for you if you wanna talk to him or-"

"No, it's fine." I shake my head, going back to work as if nothing happened.

"Gia-"

"God, it's fine I just-" I cut myself off by looking around the room.

I grab the closest bottle of vodka and start downing it, my throat burning at the taste.

I finally put the bottle down, wiping my mouth.

"Much better." I laugh.

I sigh, seeing Pope's disappointed face.

A man walks in, putting down his notepad full of orders for drinks.

Me and Pope serve about five tables, and that's when the alcohol starts to kick in.

But I notice that Rafe hasn't even looked at me once. I look over to see what table he was sitting at, but he was too far away to tell.

I put a few random cocktails on a tray, walking out into the hall.

"What are you doing, those weren't on the lists?" Pope shouts from behind.

I go towards Rafe's table with his date, stumbling slightly as I walk.

"Hello, is this table 7?" I ask, slurring my words.

Rafe finally looks up to me, gulping at the sight.

"No, this is table 3, it says it right here?" his date points to the middle of the table.

"Oh I'm sorry, what's your name?" I ask her.

"Nicole." she says with attitude.

I pretend to trip, the drinks pouring down onto her.

Rafe's mouth drops open, biting his lips to contain his smirk from showing.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Nicole." I say with my hand to my heart.

"You bitch!" she stands up from her chair.