20.Wholehearted

Jungkook wanted Lisa to order. She wanted to refuse, but seeing Jungkook's persistent attitude, she briskly agreed. Other than Jungkook, everyone present had grown up in the capital. She deliberately avoided the tastes that most Jing people could not tolerate, and picked a few dishes that suited the young emperor and her tastes.

She and the young emperor had eaten at the same table before. So while the young emperor looked like a good youth who was not picky, how could any person not have any preferences? So while the other had tried to conceal, she could guess the other generally liked relatively spicy and sweet dishes. The imperial chefs in the kitchen, out of consideration for the stomachs of the important people, rarely made foods with heavy flavors.

As expected, after Lisa picked a few spicy and sweet dishes, the young emperor's expression became more content.

Seated next to Lisa, Taehyung frowned when he saw her pick heavier-tasting dishes. But due to the emperor being present, he could only secretly glare at her. Then he reached out to grab a handful of peanuts. He cracked them, and blew away the outer covering before shoving them into Lisa's hand.

He worried that his sister had not eaten well at lunch after going out to have fun.

"Second Brother, thank you." Lisa smiled ingratiatingly at him, and picked up a peanut to put in her mouth. Then she turned and saw the young emperor looking at her with pleading eyes. She gave the young emperor half. "Emperor, taste this."

Taehyung could not bear to look at his younger sister's conduct. Either you do not give him, or you give him all. Giving him half...

"Thank you." Jungkook copied Lisa and put a peanut in his mouth.

Taehyung silently continued to shell peanuts and prepared to not see or hear the childish actions of the young emperor and his sister.

The dragon guards present were able to accompany the emperor. This meant that their families were likely capable monarchists. When they saw the miss of the Kim Family play with the young emperor like children, these already grown young masters had their own thoughts.

Families with information sources could guess the plans of the Jung and Lee families. But they saw from the emperor's reserved attitude towards the families as well as how the empress dowager did not frequently meet the women from the families that the imperial house did not seem to want a marriage with them.

The two aristocratic families wanted to have a marriage with the imperial house. But the imperial house was unwilling. This would be a good drama. But this Kim Family...

The group looked at the young child-like Miss Kim and immediately felt they were overthinking.

They were men. They naturally knew what men liked. Immature ones like Miss Kim did not seem like they could enchant the young emperor.

The fish was quickly brought to the table. The eunuch that came along tasted all the fish and confirmed there were no problems before everyone touched their chopsticks.

No one touched the dishes in front of Jungkook. The young masters from aristocratic families were very smart. They knew when they had to be avoid or when they had to pretend friendliness and intimacy.

The sweet and sour fish of the Delicious Fish Tower was not equal to Qingyuan Prefecture's but was still delicious. Jungkook had Seungri serve the belly flesh to Lisa. He whispered to her, "Better than in the palace."

Lisa smiled. It wasn't that the imperial chefs didn't have such skill. They just worried that the important people would have problems, so they pursued not making a mistake over merit.