--c.8

--- Im Ha-eun POV

"H-Hey," I stutter as he remains silent. "S-Sunghoon?"

I've never felt a fear like I feel right now as his dark orbs send waves of panic down my spine. "Do you know how worried I was? And you hung up," his voice drips with venom.

"I'm sorry alright, we were caught up for a bit with Chan."

"Chan? Who's that?" he grits, taking large strides over and I take a gulp in fear.

"Bang Chan from Stray Kids. Lix is our best friend, and we ran into them at the café. Chan found his soulmate and it was the policewoman who was chasing after the knife guy," I blurt.

"Never, and I mean never, hang up on me again. If you do, you'll have to suffer the punishment," he leans down.

"Y-yes."

"Alright, go take a shower. We're having dinner soon."

I duck under his arm and make my way to the bathroom, but he grabs my arm and pulls me back. He hugs me tightly as I feel myself flushing, "Hoonie?"

"Let me just hold you for a bit."

---

--- Park Sunghoon POV

I was so worried when she hung up the phone. The amount of panic that I felt both personally and through the bond didn't help one bit. Why did she need to hang up? "Hyung, are you feeling better now?" Niki asks nervously and I give him a nod and a smile.

"Let's go help Jay with the dinner."

We all set up dinner quickly as everyone joins in. "Alright, so we've all been invited to do a show with 3RT, yes, that includes Nari. We'll basically be doing several games and get to know each other. This happens next week," Heeseung announces.

"Nah man, you're kidding, right?" Jake beams excitedly with Niki.

Those two worship gamers. "Noona, respect!" Niki shouts like a ray of sunshine bouncing around the house.

Ha-eun chuckles whilst sipping on her coke. Damn she looks hot doing that. I hit myself mentally. Aish, Park Sunghoon, get a grip. This bond is so infuriating. But she sort of is looking hot... "Oh, Ha-eun, you're also going to get two new bodyguards who'll come tomorrow because there of sasaengs," Jay informs.

"Sure thing! Thanks, oppa," she says.

"Yah! Im Ha-eun! Why do you call everyone but me 'oppa'!" I slam the table and walk out in some unknown fury and head straight into my room.

***

Alright btw oppa is a sign of respect but not using it can also mean that you don't find the person attractive which is sorta why he's throwing a fit.

***

--- Kim Nari POV

"What."

"Was."

"That."

Sunoo, Niki and Jake say. In another situation, I would find it funny but Uno's sitting frozen on her seat in shock. "This kid," Heeseung sighs in irritation. "I'll go talk to him."

Heeseung leaves as well as I turn to Jungwon. "It might be like how I don't like hearing you call other people oppa," he answers, and I hit him on the head lightly.

"You're such a jealous kitten sometimes," I smile but it quickly changes to a frown. "Noona, are you alright?"

She suddenly slams the table and stands up, yelling, "Who does he think he is! What is up with him and his mood swings!"

She storms out of the dorm saying, "I'm heading to Rei's!"

Alright. I don't want to seem mean but... before anyone can register, I'm already at Sunghoon's door and knocking. I slip in and ask Heeseung to leave. "Sunghoon, I won't beat around the bush with you. If you have any problems, tell them to Ha-eun because she'd rather you be direct but at least be nicer. If anything happens to my BFF, I don't care if you're my friend, I will not let you off."

"Nari-ah."

"Hm?"

"I think. I might like her, not because of the bond."

---

--- Park Sunghoon POV

3 Years Ago

"Sunghoon! You're since you're so smart, can you help me with my homework please?" a random girl comes up to me and asks.

"If you really want to improve, I'd suggest you start paying attention in class rather than ogling at him. It'll most likely up your grade," Ha-eun tells the girl off.

"Y-Yah! Im Ha-eun ! Who do you think you are?" the girl stammers as Ha-eun shrugs.

"The person who has the desk you're sitting on right now," she retorts. "Now, scram before I get pissed."

She's the only one who doesn't try to get close to me because of my notes but hates me instead. "Park, are you done staring? I know I'm hot and all but you should study instead," she flicks me in the head and goes who her phone.

"Why don't you study too?"

"'Cause I don't need it and I'm sick of this hellhole."

I chuckle. She interests me as someone who doesn't care about what others think and likes being herself. We get closer as friends but one day she comes up to me on the rooftop. "Park Sunghoon, I hate you."

And my heart turned ice cold that day.

***

Bit of backstory for y'all. Enjoy reading! I'll try update as much as I can:)

-Engenie