35 : the truth untold

Start from the beginning

midst of his thoughts, the bell rang indicating the classes will soon start. jungkook sighing, glanced at the boy who was now getting off the table so the teacher won't scold him, then he left. maybe during lunch time he can thank taehyung. more reason for him to see him, he thought.

𖥻𖥻𖥻

during lunch, jungkook couldn't find taehyung in his classroom, bummer. so, he headed to the cafeteria and grabbed a basic sandwich. he wasn't really into eating at school anyways, thanks to his social anxiety and those annoying bullies.

after that day, those boys always glared at him and waited for a chance to deal with him. however, jungkook decided to blend with the crowd most of the time- even though he would like some confrontation with those guys. they were really getting on his nerves, but the attention it would bring along wasn't something jungkook wanted. so he avoided them as much as he can. the teacher had also warned those students, so publicly they couldn't do anything either. soon they were going to be in their senior year of high school, none could take risk.

jungkook sat at a corner table, silently eating his sandwich. as usual, he pulled the hood of his hoodie down low, concealing his face from onlookers. though this often garnered attention, he remained indifferent towards others, preferring to remain in obscurity.

however, he frequently scanned the area in search of that familiar boy and eventually spotted him. taehyung was seated at a distant table, albeit not by himself. many were once again gathered around him.

this time, jungkook sighed in frustration. taehyung was never alone and he really wanted to express his gratitude. nonetheless, he considered it a pleasant way to pass the time. while biting into his sandwich, he kept his gaze fixed on taehyung, observing him take large bites and occasionally choking.

the eyes of the raven head narrowed as a boy wrapped his arm around taehyung, snuggled closer, and patted his back. the boy was incredibly good-looking, and he could see taehyung blushing slightly in response to something the boy said that made him laugh.

they looked good together.

jungkook looked away. a friend, that was all that boy was, right?

he didn't even know why he felt shitty suddenly. standing up, he threw the rest of the sandwich in the trashcan and walked away.

there's always a next time to thank taehyung.

right?

school had ended. jungkook didn't get to thank taehyung. at this point, the raven head decided if they ever cross path again (which has chances near to zero) he will thank him then. with that in mind, he started walking out of school. today, their extra classes dragged on forever, going well into the evening. as the sun slowly sank towards the horizon, spreading its warm, golden colors across the sky, everything looked bathed in a soft, mellow orange. the calming scene got even better with birds gracefully soaring through the air, adding a serene touch to the fading daylight.

clutching the bag straps in his hands, jungkook gazed absentmindedly at the breathtaking sight of the sun slowly sinking beneath the horizon. lost in his thoughts, he began to stroll forward. however, his steps came to an abrupt halt as his eyes landed on taehyung, who was leaning against the gate-alone.

a smile appeared on jungkook's lips as he took a step forward, feeling happy that he could finally thank taehyung. perhaps he could even show his face and who knows, they might become friends. jungkook's head was filled with all kinda silly thoughts.

however, his smile faded and his steps halted when the same boy who had been overly attached to taehyung earlier in the cafeteria suddenly appeared out of nowhere and playfully ruffled taehyung's hair, causing him to laugh and swat his hand away. subsequently, the boy proceeded to casually put his arm around taehyung's shoulder and together they began walking away.