Chapter 51 || "Alluring chocolate gaze."

Start from the beginning

Although extremely exciting - it sounded pretty reckless.

"Trust me, this opportunity could be the best thing to ever happen to your band." Louis assured, taking a small glance around at us all. We sat in almost a state of shock, the sheets of paper left discarded on the kitchen table as we attempted to think of a suitable response.

This was so insane.

"How would opening for some band help us?" Michael slowly questioned, his eyes narrowed with confusion. I understood his logic, but didn't want to aggravate Louis further, so I kept quiet.

"This isn't just some band," Niall began, a small smile tugging at his lips "this is a big band."

"A big band that are going to get you noticed." Louis added, receiving a quick nod of agreement from his Irish friend "Just imagine, you're a teenage girl, just bought tickets to your favourite bands concert-"

"What age am I?" Michael interrupted, averting everyone's attention towards himself "Like, am I sixteen, seventeen?"

"Does it matter?" Luke sighed, receiving a stern glare from the newly black haired boy.

"Is that even a question? I need to get a feel for my character!"

"Michael-"

"Let's just say you're seventeen." Louis interrupted, breaking the tension between the two boys. Michael shot a cocky grin towards Luke before averting his attention back towards Louis, seeming pretty contempt with his age.

"Okay."

Louis waited a couple more seconds before continuing on with his story, his blue eyes focused intently upon Michael as if daring him to interrupt again.

I hoped he wouldn't.

"Anyway, imagine you're a seventeen year old girl who's just bought tickets to her favourite bands concert. You discover they have an opening act called 5 seconds of summer - a band you don't actually know. You decide to Google them, find a couple pictures of cute Australian boys around your age. Next thing you know you're watching a few YouTube videos and falling helplessly in love with the mysterious blonde with the bright blue eyes, or funny brunette with the alluring chocolate gaze."

"You make me sound so appealing." Calum chuckled, his cheeks tinged red with happiness.

"One problem," I began, my eyebrows raised in doubt "we don't have a YouTube account."

"Well..." Luke awkwardly began, trailing off as my hazel eyes widened.

"What the fück did you do?

"Me and Luke made a YouTube a little while back," Michael admitted, his eyes focused nervously upon the ruby place-mat in front of him "we've uploaded a few videos."

"Of us?"

"Uh huh."

"Practicing?"

"Yeah."

"Fücking hell."

"They're really good!" Niall assured, receiving a glare from myself and Calum.

"Shut up, Blondie."

"Déjà vu." Luke muttered, receiving confused glances from everyone at the dining table.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Look, are you in or not?" Louis questioned curtly, taking an impatient glance towards his watch before back towards us, his lips pursed with annoyance

"Louis-" Niall began but was abruptly cut off by his friend's hand, silencing him with a swift tap of his finger.

"Hush."

"Look, this isn't a decision we can make in a few minutes." I answered honestly, taking yet another nervous glance towards the confusing sheets of paper "It needs at least a week."

"I don't have a week." He replied bluntly, only adding to the annoyance building up inside me.

For a young guy, he was extremely demanding.

"I can give you four days, but that is it."

"Four days?"

"Until Thursday."

We exchanged questioning looks with one another before finally coming to mutual agreement, slowly nodding our heads. It wasn't the best deal, but definitely wasn't the worst. We could do this.

I hoped...

*******************

Please vote/comment/add to your library

And thank you so much for reading!

- Esmerelda 💜