Chapter 51 || "Alluring chocolate gaze."

Start from the beginning

I had no clue what he was finding so funny, but I wanted to punch that smirk right off his fücking face.

"Not usually, no." Calum answered, letting out a heavy sigh "I have no clue what's going on between them."

"Nothing's going on." Luke snapped, taking the words straight from my mouth. "Ashton's just being difficult."

"I'm being difficult?" I coughed, raising my eyebrows sceptically "What the fück have I done?"

"What have you not done?" He angrily retorted "You've even done my sister, Ashton!"

"What the fück- I thought you were fine with that?"

"Why the fuck would I be fine with that?"

"Because you said!"

"Well I fücking lied!"

The five other boys in the room shot each other hesitant glances, obviously unsure about how to react to this. Calum, Michael and Harry seemed tired, while Louis and Niall seemed downright confused, their lips turned downwards into tight, disapproving frowns.

It would be a miracle if we got a record deal after this.

"Guys, can we please discuss this later?" Michael begged, shooting a small, apologetic smile towards the two visitors before turning back around to face me, his lips set into a saddened pout

I rolled my eyes at the fact everyone was automatically blaming me for this, but nodded anyway, not wishing to cause another argument.

"Sorry about all this." Calum chuckled, awkwardly scratching at the back of his neck.

Louis just shrugged, seeming completely unphased. His confusion from earlier had been replaced by a mask of confidence, his professional shield back up and completely intact. It still confused me how he was so young yet so successful, but I didn't question it, accepting his talent and moving on.

"Is it okay to start the meeting now?" Niall questioned curiously, causing my eyes to widen with surprise.

"This wasn't the meeting?"

"Not really, no." He chuckled, running a hand through his light blonde hair "We had to wait for you, mate."

I smiled apologetically as the boys around me got comfortable, Harry mumbling occasional words into Louis' ear while Niall just sat there, seeming extremely bored and confused.

He was probably my favourite person in the room right now - and it wasn't just because he was Irish.

"Is it true you can't twerk?" I randomly questioned, receiving a stern glare from Calum.

"Ashton!"

"Sorry."

-

Ten minutes later, we all sat in complete silence, the only sound coming from the constant ticking of Louis's wristwatch. He would take occasional glances towards the expensive silver before returning his attention to us, his lips tugging upwards into tight, impatient smile. It was clearly forced, and irritated me tremendously.

"Well, what do you think?" Niall questioned curiously, watching with hope as we mulled over the sheets of paper in front of us, the abundance of words causing our brains to swarm.

We had no clue what half of these words meant.

"It's a bit rushed, don't you think?" Luke nervously questioned, his eyes narrowed with concern.

We all nodded, silently agreeing with the blonde haired boy.

From what we had been told, Louis was eager to sign us to his record label - which was good news. The bad news was that he wanted us to support some random boy band in concert, giving us only two weeks to prepare before dragging us off on tour. This meant that I would have to abandon my family, Pandora and everyone I loved for the best part of a year, and live with the boys on one small tour bus.